Assistant Provost (A35)
Position Tracking Number: A35
School/College: Office of the Provost
Department: Office of the Provost
The Assistant Provost will engage in the research, development, and execution of a broad range of strategic university-wide initiatives. The Assistant Provost will be expected to deliver results on a portfolio of projects of institutional importance and, in doing so, represent the Office of the Provost appropriately in selected internal and external interactions.
Higher Education, Leadership, Administration
- Manage a broad range of institutionally important projects, as assigned by the Provost, including project research, design, development, coordination, and implementation.
- Liaise with senior university academic faculty and administrators on assigned initiatives. Work collaboratively with Office of the President and other departments as necessary to complete assignments by the Provost.
- Lead the execution of key university-wide academic programs from the Office of the Provost (e.g. Faculty Kickoff).
- Serve as a liaison for the Office of the Provost in a variety of internal meetings, committees, and settings to ensure the cultivation of relationships and accountability on matters requiring the Office of the Provost’s attention.
- Manage budget and distribute funds from the Office of the Provost budget lines.
- Oversee communication from the Office of the Provost.
- Participate in formulating and administering policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Analyze activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives and communicate processed data via reports and visual representations.
- Serve as a member of the Academic Cabinet.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Provost.
Doctoral Degree Required.
Demonstrated commitment to higher education leadership.
Full-time, 12-month position.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
At Azusa Pacific University we value and uphold God-honoring diversity. Diversity was not our idea, but God's. Therefore, we aim for an environment that respects and honors each individual's uniqueness while celebrating our collective commonalities. It is in this spirit that we continue important discourse on diversity, engage a variety of perspectives, and embrace active listening in a spirit of humility. We continue our efforts to recruit, hire, and support a diverse community in an effort to create a milieu that reflects the mosaic of God's kingdom.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.