Admission/Senior Admission Counselor
Miami University’s Office of Admission seeks an energetic, creative, and collaborative individual to serve as admission/senior admission counselor. In partnership with admission team members, the admission/senior admission counselor will play an integral role in the realization of organizational priorities and institutional goals and assume the management of a first-year recruitment territory to include 6-8 weeks of travel, application review, and relationship management. In addition to assigned territory management and collaboration on admission events and programs, this position will assist with recruitment of underrepresented and international students. The admission/senior admission counselor will provide assistance with and coordination of on- and off- campus visits and events, including high school counselor and pre-college programs (Bridges, Summer Scholars), and manage Miami’s group visit program.
- Develop working knowledge of Miami University programs, opportunities and policies and communicate information about the Miami brand, experience, and outcomes and its admission policies and procedures to prospective students, families, and other key influencers.
- Communicate to constituents within territory, provide presentations, and routine fulfill counselor on duty responsibilities. Build and maintain relationships with high schools and community-based organizations within assigned territory.
- Manage assigned recruitment territory, including 6-8 weeks of travel; through the use of market research and other admission data, prepare statistical reports and analyses.
- Participate in electronic file review for undergraduate domestic and international admission (first-year and transfer) and pre-college programs, including College Credit Plus and the Summer Scholars Program.
- Organize, coordinate, and manage on- and off-campus recruitment events, and counselor programs, including Miami University’s group visit program
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (at the time of application)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform overnight travel
- Candidates with more than two recruitment cycles of experience in admission, or more than two years of experience in higher education, recruitment, or marketing may be considered for senior admission counselor.
EO/AA Statement and Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of sex/gender (including sexual harassment, sexual violence, sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking), race, color, religion, national origin (ancestry), disability, age (40 years or older), sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, status as a parent or foster parent, military status, or veteran status in its recruitment, selection, and employment practices. Requests for all reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html (http://www.miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html), which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2225.