On-Call Campus Safety Officer
On-Call Campus Safety Officer
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 4759
Appointment: This position is temporary, on-call. Various schedules and hours including evenings and weekends.
Assist with basic security on campus by providing vehicle and foot patrols. Respond to observations and/or complaints of criminal activity and complete related written reports. Provide first responder medical aid. Respond to campus fire and burglar alarms. Contribute to campus safety by providing vehicle escorts and various crime prevention measures. Interact professionally and efficiently with Tacoma Police and Fire personnel.
- Perform regular vehicle and foot patrols
- Respond to criminal activity (or to reports of) and to first-aid level medical needs of campus community
- Complete written incident reports as necessary/directed
- Communicate effectively with two-way radio
- Provide fire and burglar alarm response and investigation and equipment operation
- Participate in routine shift duties including unlocking and locking of buildings
- Provide safety escort service in vehicle and on foot for campus population
- Complete special assignments as directed
- Work experience in security services or law enforcement. Equivalent combination of experience and education considered.
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Washington state driver's license
- Ability to work independently, and confront others in a professional and polite manner
- Physically capable to run and defend self or others
- Must be able to carry/drag heavy objects
- Frequently lifting/carrying up to (but not limited)1-10 pounds
- Being exposed to wet/humid conditions and changing temperatures for extended periods
- Must act quickly and accurately
- Must have ability to be effective on a grave yard shift
- Must use campus resources to find creative solutions to problems
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community
Compensation and Benefits:
The pay rate for this position is $18.25 per hour.
This position is non-exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified.
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
- Letter of Interest (optional)
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment. Diversity Statement We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives. We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community. We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal employment opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency