Manager, Donor Relations
Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Manager, Donor Relations position. Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Institutional Advancement, the Donor Relations Manager manages donor relations, stewardship programs, acknowledgments, stewardship/donor events and communications with donors, including the management of all donor recognition societies. The Manager works closely with Development staff to advance the mission of the department to inform, engage and build investment in all internal and external constituencies.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in donor relations, stewardship, communications, and event planning within a college/university or nonprofit organization required.
• Bachelor's degree required; Any and all degree(s) must be from an accredited institution of higher learning.
• Prior experience using Microsoft Office, Excel, familiarity with Raisers Edge or other donor database software, including events management modules.
• Demonstrated commitment to excellence and high standards, including meticulous attention to detail, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong ability to interact with a diverse and broad range of individuals.
• Must be creative and have excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
• Strong attention to detail and professionalism.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Experience working with volunteers preferred.