Northeast Community College
Northeast Community College seeks an experienced, visionary leader who embraces the community college mission and supports educational excellence. Northeast Community College, a two-year institution, serves students at its main campus in Norfolk, Nebraska, as well as students at extended campuses in O'Neill, South Sioux City and West Point. It also has regional offices in Ainsworth and Hartington. The college is governed by an 11-member board from the Northeast service area and served 5,016 credit students as of fall 2018. The college has 124 full-time faculty members.
For more information on Northeast Community College, visit www.northeast.edu.
Required education and experience:
• Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution, with preference given to an earned Doctorate.
• Significant progressively responsible senior administrative experience (reporting to a president) is required. It is preferred some of the administrative experience to have been within a community college.
• Working knowledge of serving within an institution located in a rural area.
Preferred characteristics and traits:
Leadership and Communication
• Success in effectively building relationships with internal employee groups
• History of a transparent communication process that instills trust and creates buy-in among employees
• Focus on excellence in teaching and learning that leads to student success
• Models high levels of integrity, ethics and transparency
Vision and Planning
• Experience leading a college through the process of focusing initiatives and improving areas of strength for a college
• Understands the role and mission of a comprehensive community college in the 21st Century
• Inspires and empowers all staff to be innovative through the use of technology and to achieve excellence
Meeting Needs of Service Area and Community
• Success working within a multi-site college and effectively meeting the unique needs of their particular service areas
• Demonstrated experience listening to and developing programs that meet the needs of the external community
• Strong commitment to the importance of rural revitalization and sustainability of communities in the region
Please direct inquiries and nominations to the College’s search consultant:
Angela Provart, President Pauly Group, Inc.
3901 Wood Duck Drive, Suite E Springfield, IL 62711
E-mail: [email protected]
Please submit electronically to [email protected] the following documents as MS Word or Adobe Acrobat attachments: (1) a cover letter that addresses the Opportunity Overview; (2) a current résumé; and (3) names and contact information of five professional references.
The committee will begin review of applications immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, with materials submitted by Monday, August 26, 2019 receiving priority consideration. All applications are confidential and references will not be contacted without the expressed authorization of the applicant.
Northeast Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national or ethnic origin, military veteran status, political affiliation, marital or family status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender expression or identify in education programs, admissions policies, employment policies, financial aid or other College administered programs and activities. It is the intent of Northeast Community College to comply with both the letter and the spirit of the law in making certain discrimination does not exist in its policies, regulations and operations.
Recruiting Services provided by PAULY GROUP, Inc. - Academic Search Consulting