Position Overview: Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, Undergraduate Enrollment Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the day to day management and execution of the undergraduate marketing communications calendar. This position will play an integral role in the undergraduate enrollment funnel as all calendar tactics are aimed at driving the funnel from prospective student through admitted student. This individual will play a cross functional role, working closely with members of the marketing communications team, and acting as the main liaison with the admission operations teams. Key areas of focus will include creating and managing project schedules, assisting in content creation, deploying various integrated campaigns that involve email, social media, websites, printed collateral and digital advertising; and tracking budgets. An ideal candidate is a self-starter and traffic manager who thrives in a fast-pace environment.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the undergraduate marketing calendar;
- Deploy and manage the execution of various marketing campaigns including email, website, social media, printed collateral and digital advertising;
- Assist with undergraduate marketing content planning and content creation under the direction of the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Enrollment Marketing by participating in creative brainstorming sessions and collaborative planning among the marketing and admission teams;
- Collaborate with the digital marketing on undergraduate initiatives to build the enrollment funnel. This includes connecting content and campaigns for various marketing channels;
- Manage projects from start to completion by creating timelines, trafficking projects, and maintaining appropriate project documentation;
- Manage email campaigns within CRM (Slate) through coordination with digital marketing team members to ensure best practices and CRM operational excellence are maintained and to devise plans for tactics such A/B testing, segmenting, utilizing new features, etc.
- Share metrics on campaign performance on a regular basis and make recommendations on adjustments or opportunities for a variety of inbound and outbound campaigns;
- Partner with the website team to ensure undergraduate webpages are up-to-date and ensure all inbound marketing campaigns and outbound email nurturing efforts align with the Merrimack website and content;
- Create and make updates to marketing calendars and project schedules, sharing with appropriate stakeholders;
- Assist with the undergraduate marketing budget by tracking expenses and sharing regular budget updates with key members of the marketing team;
- Work with various external vendors on marketing projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- 1-2 years experience in a project management role on a marketing communications team; excellent internship experience will be considered
- Demonstrated foundation working on integrated efforts in the digital, print, email, website, and content creation spaces;
- Proficiency using a customer relationship management (CRM) system, email management/marketing automation, and CMS systems;
- Higher education experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Understanding of inbound and outbound marketing strategies and integrated campaign design/execution;
- Ability to manage projects from start to completion in both the digital and print space and for short- and long-term projects;
- Ability to navigate content management systems, email/CRM systems, google analytics and social media platforms;
- Ability to manage and track budgets;
- Ability to work both independently and with teams and proactively solve problems;
- Excellent organizational, time management, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills;
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with groups both internal and external to the College;
- Desire to continue to test new initiatives, learn and grow;
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment and structure.
To Apply: Please apply online with cover letter and resume.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check.
Merrimack College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.