SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the full-time position of Counselor – ADA. The Counselor – ADA is responsible to the Director of Learning and Student Development Services (Learning Center). Although there are some specific duties listed below which illustrate the type of work performed, the person holding this position will serve as a member of the Learning Center team.
Work Hours: work hours are assigned by the Director of Learning and Student Development Services, as needed, to meet programming schedule requirements and occasionally includes evening and weekend work.
- Position requires a Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Clinical or Counseling Psychology
- Three (3) years experience in college counseling, community college experience preferred
- Experience with disability services in higher education preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide personal, social, academic skill and career counseling, as well as crisis intervention, including but not limited to alcohol/drug use, sexual assault, depression, suicide and other mental health issues;
- Serve as a member of the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) which at times requires case management as recommended by the team;
- Provide academic advising, and serve as a retention counselor in dealing with potential student withdrawals;
- Participate in registration and orientation activities;
- Provide outreach to students in form of pamphlets and informational messages, as well as coordinate group counseling sessions for identified common needs of students;
- Work with other campus programs/offices to arrange on-campus psycho-educational programming with outside agencies;
- Act as a liaison to community mental health sources for consultation, referral and campus resource enhancement;
- Prepare reports and maintain relevant documentation according to HIPAA and FERPA guidelines;
- Lead, with the support of the One Stop Clerical staff, campus services for students with disabilities, and ensure that reasonable accommodations are received by qualified individuals with a disability; and
- Perform other tasks as directed by the Director of Learning and Student Development Services.
The hiring range for this position is $50,255 to $54,121. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, however, review of resumes is scheduled to begin July 29, 2019. Please forward your cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone numbers of three (3) professional references. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this this employment opportunity.
Office of Human Resources
Email: [email protected]
For more information, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College