Executive Assistant, The Office of General Counsel
The office provides legal advice and counsel on a broad spectrum of legal issues that arise in the operation of the University. It is also responsible for engaging the services of outside law firms for specialized legal needs, and for coordinating and supervising their work.
The Office of General Counsel is hiring an executive assistant position to support the office and its mission to provide legal services to the University, its trustees, officers, directors, administrators, faculty, and staff. The office provides a legal advice and counsel on a broad spectrum of legal issues that arise in the operation of the University. It is also responsible for engaging the services of outside law firms for specialized legal needs, and for coordinating and supervising their work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with highly diverse University community members with an attentiveness to friendly customer service
- Must be able to exercise good judgment, act courteously and professionally, and adhere to confidentiality requirements at all times
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong work ethic with a positive attitude, and high ethical standards that reflect honesty, integrity, and reliability
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to prioritize wide array of tasks to complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Have ability to write business correspondence
- Proficiency with office equipment including computers, printer, copier/scanning machines, and multi-line telephone
- Intermediate to Advance skills with MS Office Suite
- Willingness to learn administrative software programs such as Adobe DC Pro, LexisNexis TimeMatters, and Workflow.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two years administrative experience in an executive office.
- Demonstrated interest in higher education and/or transactional law
- Five years administrative experience in an executive office.
- Legal assistant experience in a legal office.
- Experience working with TimeMatters matter management system.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) July 19, 2019
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.