Group Fitness Instructor
Join our enthusiastic certified instructors for one of our more than 30 weekly group fitness classes - most of them free for Coors Fitness Center members and full-time DU students. Held in our fitness or cycling studios, our classes will enrich your workout and help you achieve your fitness goals.
This posting will serve for multiple openings
- Instruct quality classes utilizing proper form and technique while ensuring safety to all participants.
- Meets daily class attendance goals and completes all administrative duties as required for this role.
- Provides excellent customer service by promptly responding to member needs, concerns, and questions and develops positive relationships with participants by leading inspiring, challenging and entertaining indoor cycling classes and engaging in conversation before and after classes.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Primary Group Fitness Certification and/or Secondary (specialty) certification in focused format
- Current CPR, AED, First Aid Certification
- 1+ years of experience
- Les Mills GRIT, BODYPUMP, and or SPRINT Instructor Certifications or enrolled in upcoming certifications.
- Obtains CECs on a regular basis with enthusiasm to keep up with the trends and improve as an instructor.
University of Denver is hosting a Les Mills GRIT certification July 13th & 14th. Register at:
https://www.lesmills.com/us/instructors/instructor-training/instructor-event-details/#?eventId=a2Q2L000001DoP3UAK&program=LES MILLS GRIT
University of Denver is hosting a Les Mills BODYPUMP certification July 27TH & 28TH. Register at:
University of Denver is hosting a Les Mills SPRINT certification August 3rd & 4th. Register at:
https://www.lesmills.com/us/instructors/instructor-training/instructor-event-details/#?eventId=a2Q2L000001DljZUAS&program=LES MILLS SPRINT
- Class times vary. Start date September.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) July 3, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Most recent CECs
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check