CLOSED: Communication Operations Manager
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION OPENING
POSITION: Communication Operations Manager
POSITION CODE: 4431
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Systems, Operations and Analytics (ESOA)
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative, 12-month
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediately
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: July 5, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Job Summary: Reporting to the AVP, the Communications Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and execution of university-wide enrollment communications and fulfillment essential to recruitment, admissions and enrollment functions. This position participates in joint projects with departments to ensure efficient and effective use of CRM systems and integration with administrative systems, landing pages/websites, Google Analytics, and external vendors/partners.
The Communications Operations Manager is the liaison with admissions and enrollment leadership and internal and external marketing partners to implement, execute and analyze strategic recruitment, yield communications and fulfillment across the College/Schools in order to support and advance the strategic vision and enrollment goals of the University.
The duties of the position include (but are not limited to):
• Collaborate with the AVP and our external digital marketing partners/vendors for student recruitment.
• Consult and collaborate with leadership on development and technical execution the strategic communications plan for Schools and College.
• Review effectiveness of CRM-tracked communication efforts on an ongoing basis with Dean/Associate Dean and Enrollment/Admissions leadership to determine needed changes.
• Serve as one of the leads in executing the marketing and strategic communications as developed by the relevant enrollment units.
• Ensure consistent brand and quality control when executing messaging across Schools/College, campuses and events, and throughout all fulfillment materials and efforts.
• Build and deploy email campaigns using technical best practices within the CRM (drip campaigns, populations, UTM tracking parameters, etc.).
• Perform A/B Testing to determine best response rates among different audiences, School/College prospects (subject lines, images, send date/time, etc.).
• Query parameter review for recruitment staff.
• Oversee quality control of CRM events, templates, landing page portals, folders and surveys.
• Build and update fulfillment communication queries.
• Maintain specific Admissions Web pages associated with the School’s integrated marketing programs.
• Manages the decision release process for the admissions and enrollment teams across campus.
• Ensure successful data import/export functions between CRM and University’s data management system.
• Monitor effectiveness and results of CRM email, fulfillment communications and events designed to promote the vision, mission, enrollment goals, and achievements of the Schools/College in alignment with overall University strategic plans.
• Oversee and delegate work to fulfillment operations staff, including fulfillment coordinators and office assistants.
• Manage and execute time-sensitive recruitment fulfillment schedule and fulfillment inventory.
• Train admissions counselors and support staff in the use of Slate communication, query and event modules.
• Strategize, collaborate and implement Search campaign in coordination with the Director, Senior Associate Directors and 3rd party vendors.
• Ability to work and manage multiple priorities simultaneously and skilled in project management.
• Traveling to regional campuses and attending University events outside business hours (8:00 AM to 5:00 PM) may be required. Evenings, nights and weekends may be required during certain cycles of the year.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
• Applies best practices within the University Higher Education/Admission field.
• Bachelor’s degree is required; master’s degree is preferred.
• Three (3) years of experience in higher education admissions work or integrated marketing work to include increasing progression of responsibilities.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to work in a fast-paced metric driven environment.
• Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently and on a team.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, project management and organizational skills. Attention to detail, and quality control/proofreading skills required.
• High level of proficiency in computer systems to include MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and other Microsoft applications. Ability to learn new systems and to apply technical expertise and execution within a CRM and an institution-wide student information database and system. Technolutions Slate preferred.
Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER