Instructor, Associate Degree Nursing (3 positions)
Position DescriptionThis is a full-time, tenure-track position in the School of Health Sciences. Under the direction of the Dean, the teaching assignment for the full-service week may include (but is not limited to) classes in the following areas: Application and utilization of the nursing process in the care of patients; Adult, Older Adult, pediatric, and maternal child nursing; Medical-surgical nursing; Acute and chronic care nursing; Mental health and psychiatric illness nursing; Critical care nursing; Ethics in, and history of, nursing; and Role of nursing in current health care delivery systems, and to participate in any other professional responsibilities as identified under 18.2.3 of the faculty agreement. This assignment is at the Rancho Cucamonga Campus and assigned health care facilitiesResponsibilitiesThis assignment includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Classroom and clinical teaching in an ACEN accredited Associate or Bachelor's Degree Nursing (ADN, BSN) program utilizing a team teaching approach.
- Teach in medical-surgical and other assigned courses in a manner consistent with the department's standard and with the contents cited in the approved curriculum guides. Assignments may include evening, weekend, and summer school.
- Perform professional tasks related to areas of assignment, particularly in student advisement, curriculum design and evaluation, program review, student learning outcomes, and other assigned tasks as required, insuring the forward direction of the Associate Degree Nursing Program, as well as service benefiting the college, the community, and the profession.
- Remain current in the subject matter areas and in the techniques of effective culturally responsive instruction.
- Perform other assigned tasks for the benefit of the college, the community, and the profession.
- Master's degree in nursing;
- Possession of a current California Registered Nursing license by date of employment;
- Direct patient care practice experience as a registered nurse within the last five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she is assigned, which can be met by the following:
- Completion of at least one (1) years' experience teaching courses related to registered nursing or completion of a post-baccalaureate course which includes practice in teaching registered nursing; AND
- One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrate clinical competency (nursing program faculty member possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily possessed and exercised by staff level registered nurses of the nursing area to which the faculty member is assigned): OR
- One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrate clinical competency.
Preference will be given to those candidates who establish the highest level of professional competency as evidenced by any or all of the following:
- At least one (1) year of experience teaching courses in an Associate Degree Nursing program within the last five years;
- Evidence of current practice in medical-surgical nursing and at least one of the following specialty nursing areas: psychiatric, pediatrics, obstetrics, older adult, specialty care units (ICU, CCU, DOU.ED);
- Expertise with the student populations included in the Chaffey College Equity Plan.
- Evidence of computer competency;
- Evidence of simulated learning experience;
- Evidence of ability to communicate effectively, in English, with a diverse population both orally and in writing;
- Evidence of interest in teaching students in the diverse, multicultural community college setting;
- Experience in curriculum development.
Based upon the minimum and/or desirable qualifications stated in this position announcement, the initial salary placement range is $65,700 (minimum qualifications) to $93,700 (doctorate) (Fall 2019 salary schedule). Placement is based on the regular full-time faculty salary schedule and is dependent upon verification of relevant experience and coursework from a regional or nationally accredited institution of higher learning.
EXCEPTIONAL BENEFITS PACKAGE
Health care, dental program, and vision services for employees and eligible dependents; employee life insurance; sick leave; and retirement coverage through the State Teachers' Retirement System (STRS).
Chaffey College recently implemented a new online electronic application system. The new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application package must include an online district employment application, filled out in detail and clearly reflect that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications as set forth in the position announcement. In addition, the following documents must be uploaded and included with the online application submission:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If documents are uploaded that are not required, the application may be disqualified.
- Cover Letter (State briefly how the applicant meets the qualifications)
- Professional Reference List (Include names, current addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses)
- Copy of Transcripts (Transcripts must indicate degree earned/conferred - photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Transcripts of all degrees applicable to meeting the minimum qualifications for this position must be included. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts. Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.)
Foreign transcripts must be transcribed and evaluated in English by a bona fide evaluation service. Educational requirements must be met on or before the closing date.
Completed application and related materials must be submitted no later than the application deadline indicated at the top of this announcement. Failure to submit all required application materials may result in the applicant not being considered for the position.
Submission of application and related materials is the applicant's responsibility. The District reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate applicant pool.
Applicants should promptly notify the Office of Human Resources of any change of address and/or phone number. All application materials are subject to investigation and verification. False statements will be cause for disqualification or discharge from employment.
The Selection Process
A screening committee will conduct all minimum qualification appraisals as set forth on the announcement and reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant an interview. Applicants selected for an interview will be notified of the time and place of the interview. Interviews are usually held on the Chaffey College campus and are conducted by an Interview Committee. Additional interviews may be required. Reasonable accommodations are provided to persons with disabilities. Should an applicant have a need for an accommodation due to a disability, the applicant should contact the Office of Human Resources. Travel costs related to an interview will be borne by the applicant.
About the College
Established in 1883, Chaffey College is one of California's first colleges. Nestled in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains, Chaffey's Rancho Cucamonga, Fontana and Chino campus locations serve students from throughout the Inland Empire. A fully accredited two-year institution by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Chaffey College offers associate degrees and vocational and transfer programs in a wide variety of subjects. Most recently named one of the Top 10 community colleges in the nation by the Aspen Institute; Chaffey College remains committed to its mission of improving the lives of its students, faculty, and staff through education.
Serving throughout the diverse Inland Empire, Chaffey College provides services to the cities of Chino, Chino Hills, Fontana, Montclair, Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Upland, reaching a population of more than 830,000. The District also recruits from some of the area's top high schools, accepting students from four surrounding districts; Chaffey Joint Union High School, Chino Unified School District, Fontana Unified School District, and the Upland Unified School District.
Whether the goal is to transfer to a four-year institution or enter the workforce better prepared, Chaffey College provides its students with the opportunity to take a variety of applicable courses. From taking lower division and general education classes to learning career-technical skills, the college provides its students with the tools needed to succeed during their time at Chaffey and beyond.