Bartender - Terrace Restaurant
Position DetailsPosition Information Vacancy TypeTemporaryIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleBartender - Terrace RestaurantSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$7.25 with additional compensation possible based on service deliveryPosition Number47LPGCBAR0519Work ScheduleAll shifts are available including weekends. Please list your availability in the appropriate section of the application. Full- and part-time positions are available.Full Time Equivalent (FTE)Department471501 - Dining and Catering OperationsDepartment NC State DiningJob City & StateRaleigh, NCEssential Job Duties
JOIN THE PACK!
NC State Dining offers meaningful opportunities for employment across our retail and hospitality units. We offer competitive pay, flexible schedules, and opportunity for learning, growth, and promotion. Dedicated and experienced professional staff are available to provide on-the-job training and assistance so you become a successful member of the team.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to Join our Pack as a Bartender.
Successful candidates will work in the Terrace Restaurant at Lonnie Poole Golf Course restaurant as a bartender.
Essential Job Duties:
•Mixes high-quality beverages.
•Provide prompt and consistent service at guest and service bars.
•Provide exceptional hospitality to guests and coworkers .
•Accurately follow recipes for all beverages; must have thorough knowledge of all beverage offerings and prices.
•Provide prompt and consistent bar service to guests and servers .
•Set up and break down bar – stock and restock bar according to prescribed par specifications; clean bar thoroughly in accordance with standard operating procedures.
•Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the bar and all common areas and service stations; clean glasses, utensils, bar equipment, bar tops, refrigerators, and all other equipment and work areas.
•Accurately charge guests for purchases; enter order into the point of sale system, collect payment and return all change.
•Provide information to guests including beverage and food menu descriptions.
•Other duties as assigned to ensure NC State Dining business needs are met. Position may be asked to assist in other locations as necessary.
This is an hourly position with a 10-11 month assignment. There is a mandatory 32-day break at the end of 11 months. Excellent performance during this time may provide an opportunity to renew employment and/or advance.
Campus Enterprises is NC State’s lead division of retail and hospitality organizations — NC State Dining, NC State Stores, Trademark Licensing, Lonnie Poole Golf Course, NC State Student Centers (Witherspoon and Talley), Rave! Event Services and the Wolfpack One Card Services. Each unit shares a common goal: deliver quality and efficient services with dedicated financial support for student activity and scholarships.
NC State Dining is a department within the Campus Enterprises Division. NC State Dining provides campus-wide food service to students, staff, and faculty and the corporate partners on Centennial Campus. NC State Dining operates 14 dining areas, 7 convenience stores, campus concessions, a nutritional counseling service and catering department.Other Work/Responsibilities
• Be an ambassador for NC State Dining and the university as a whole and enrich the quality of life for the campus community and support student success.
• Work as a cohesive team member and play an integral part in creating a positive work environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalency.
• Demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work will also be considered.
• At least six months of bartending experience of providing full bar service including set-up, breakdown, mixed drinks, etc
•Must be at least 21 years of age.
•Will work for extended periods of time without sitting.
•Responsible for bar till; proper cash handling is required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, and peers.
• Ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
• Comprehensive knowledge of beverage recipes.
• Provide outstanding customer service, including the ability to remain professional and respectful under pressure when dealing with difficult situations.
• Excellence in completing all tasks.
• Requires bending, twisting, pulling and pushing. Because of the nature of a food service operations and working in a kitchen, you must be able to work in extremely hot and cold conditions.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 lb with or without reasonable accommodation.
• At least one year of bartending experience.Required License or Certification
n/aSpecial InstructionsJob Open Date01/10/2019Must Be Open Until
Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.12/31/2019Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- * If you learned about this vacancy from "other source" or "other website", please provide the source.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Tell us about your previous bartending experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter