Post Doc Fellow - Pulmonary Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine
The University of Cincinnati is a premier, public, urban research university; ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. The Chronicle of Higher Education calls UC a “research heavyweight”. Forbes, Delta Sky and Travel + Leisure magazines have named UC one of the most beautiful campuses. The University of Cincinnati is one of the largest employers in the Cincinnati region, employing over 15,000 full time and part time faculty, staff and student workers.
The Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine seek a full-time Post Doc Fellow to participate in research pertaining to understanding mechanisms of molecular pathophysiology of underlying pulmonary diseases. This work may include observing patients in the pulmonary clinical care setting.
Postdoctoral Fellows serve temporary appointments, and work under the supervision of a faculty mentor who is responsible for the Fellow’s fiscal and intellectual activities. Appointments shall not exceed five (5) years; however, short extensions may be granted when necessary to complete a critical research project.
- Perform and conduct research required by faculty supervisor to a high standard and in accordance with all institutional and federal regulations.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities.
- May support the development of proposals for research-related funding and grants.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research as directed by and with the support of associated faculty members.
- Communicate to project team progress and results of research activities ensuring that relevant information and issues in the implementation of projects/experiments are captured in as comprehensive and timely manner as possible.
- Play an active role in seeking career and research advice, both from the faculty supervisor and from other faculty members as well.
- Ph.D., M.D., or M.D./Ph.D., required.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of a specialized field, process, or discipline.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively with students, faculty and staff from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS