Support Coach, Center for Male Engagement
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleSupport Coach, Center for Male EngagementRequisition NumberSCA00331General Description
The Center for Male Engagement (CME) is a grant-funded program designed to increase the retention and graduation rates of African-American males and other male students of color at the College through intentional, coordinated and culturally responsive programming. The Support Coach will provide a broad range of services including, but not limited to, on-going case management, academic support, career and leadership development, life skills and cultural enrichment activities in a concerted effort to best facilitate academic and personal success of its participants.Specific Responsibilities
• Assist in the recruitment, enrollment and orientation of student participants in the program.
• Track students’ level of participation in the CME’s activities and monitor students’ retention and academic progress based on individualized academic and career plans.
• Coordinate the delivery of academic support, career development, cultural enrichment, leadership development and life skills activities.
• Screen and direct students to appropriate departments regarding enrollment and financial aid, course sequencing, program major selection, transfer options including dual admission, and graduation processes.
• Assist in the screening of social services needs and ensure that students are referred to appropriate support services as needed.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of the summer enrichment program.
• Assist in monthly data collection, assessment and bi-annual reports.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop and implement programming and policies leading to increased student retention and academic outcomes.
• Participate in local and national professional development activities specific to job responsibilities.
• Facilitate professional development trainings on campus and externally.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful and courteous manner.
• Perform assigned duties in a manner consistent with the mission, goals, and core values of the College.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in education, social services or related field required.
• Two (2) years direct experience working in an education or social service environment along with experience working with vulnerable youth and culturally diverse populations required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel required.
• Demonstrated competency in organizing data, maintaining files, and preparing reports required.
• Previous experience in the development and implementation of student programming leading to increased retention and academic outcomes required.
• Previous experience in creating and facilitating workshops required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds required.
• Exceptional organization and planning skills required.
• Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills required.
• Ability to collaborate with others required.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience working in a higher education setting preferred.
• Familiarity with integrated management software such as Banner, Starfish and OrgSync, as well as social media platforms, preferred.
• Proficient in managing budgets preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on April 25, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.Salary Grade or RankISalary RangeSalary commensurate with relevant work experienceJob Posting Open Date04/11/2019Job Posting Close DateType of PositionAdministrator - TempJob CategoryEmployment Status Full-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have two (2) years direct experience working in an education or social service environment along with experience working with vulnerable youth and culturally diverse populations?
- * Do you have previous work experience in higher education?
- * Are you proficient with Microsoft applications including Word and Excel?
- * Are you familiar with integrated management software such as Banner, Starfish and OrgSync, as well as social media platforms?
- * Do you have experience in creating and facilitating workshops?
- * Do you have previous experience in the development and implementation of student programming leading to increased retention and academic outcomes?
- * Are you proficient in managing budgets?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application