Online Education Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Creation of at least four massive and automated, for-credit, online degrees or certificates
- The ability to offer at least 10% of all main campus courses directly online, leading to online degrees.
- Your primary responsibility will be for business systems analysis for the Online Education Initiative, bridging the gap between Business Architecture and Technical Architecture. You will be a subject matter expert, recommending solutions based on business needs and technical options.
Your specific responsibilities will include
- Work with Program Manager and project teams to ensure delivery of key solution components.
- Leading focused proof-of-concept activities for technology assessments, communicating findings and developing portfolio roadmaps, investment prioritization, and successful implementation and adoption.
- Drive adherence to IT strategy and IT standards in design processes for 3rd party services, products acquired, internal services, integrated hosted solutions, and hardware/software vendors.
- Ensure that platform performance meets or exceeds operational metrics for scalability, security, compliance, performance and quality in accordance with negotiated service level agreements.
- Guide business owners and Technology Services teams to ensure the consistency of their components to the overall business capability to support Online Education Program, IT product architecture, and IT roadmaps.
- Specify inputs and formatting outputs to meet users’ needs.
- Develop specifications diagrams and flowcharts for programmers to follow.
- Work with Analysis, Development, and QA teams to communicate, verify, and test the desired functionality changes.
- Oversee implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance.
- Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to clients and development staff. Helping to build and document specifications for development.
- Conduct gap analysis between application and stated customer requirements and collaborate with Architects and Developers to estimate project impact.
Consultation, support, and project participation
- In this role, you will work with multi-campus technology groups and project teams and with end-users and administrators in schools, colleges, and departments across CU-Boulder, other campuses and the System to identify solutions to business needs. Working with these teams and campus departments, you will vet recommended implementation design and approach against the overall technical and business solution architecture to ensure that the University is deploying the Online Education Program as an enterprise service. You may also serve in these capacities:
Advanced technical support for Online Education services
- Provide advanced technical support to CU clients experiencing issues with or having technical questions about, the Online Education service and other Administrative Systems services.
Program documentation and knowledge transfer
- Develop and maintain Online Education documentation including providing program documentation describing tools, processes, and procedures necessary for the development and maintenance of the solution and associated applications.
This is a 3-year appointment. While it may easily be the case that this appointment becomes ongoing, for the present we have dedicated funds only for the first 3 years.What We Can OfferBase salary for this position is market-based, highly competitive and will be commensurate with background and experience. Benefits
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Dynamic. Be Game-Changing. Be Boulder.What We Require
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in computer science, computer information systems, or related field. A combination of education and/or related experience may be substituted for the degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Five years of professional experience as a solution architect, including knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- Two years of experience in data management and data architecture.
- Understanding of business analysis principles, processes, and techniques.
- Ability to develop and prepare use cases, functional specifications, and technical requirements.
- Ability to understand and represent the needs of the end user in a software development environment.
- Personal, organizational and communication skills necessary to provide excellent customer service in resolving highly technical issues in a higher education setting.
- Ability to appropriately interact with campus-wide information technologists and end users, including faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work independently and be proactive to ensure proper availability of systems/services.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Five (or more) years’ experience in technology solutions engineering, technical infrastructure, or technical operations.
- University / Higher Education Experience with both Administrative Offices and Academic teams (Student Administration, Student Affairs, Academic Administration, Online Programs, etc.).
- Understanding of, experience with, and a passion for online education systems.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- Experience integrating with PeopleSoft systems, such as the Campus Solutions Student Information System.
- Experience with systems integrations, such as restful and web APIs, web services, Amazon Web Servers, webhooks, etc.
- Experience with Drupal platform and tools.
- Experience with shared data repositories.
Special InstructionsTo apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Please apply by July 17, 2019 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.