Audio Visual Technician II - Per Diem
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision of the Manager of Communication Technologies or designee, the Audio Visual Technician II performs a variety of duties including scheduling, setup, and operations of Audio Visual equipment, ability to troubleshoot, and maintain supported locations. Works independently and participates in Audio and Video productions as required.
This is a non-benefited, per-diem position up to a maximum of 20 hours per week. Should have on-call ability to work as needed.
- Support Classroom Recording equipment and schedules. Including verifying the equipment in all rooms is functioning as installed and ensuring the video’s are being processed.
- Support Streaming Media Services and equipment. Including working with other areas of Information Services to implement and maintain the appropriate streaming services for various customers required video formats and uses.
- Support Standardized enterprise wide Video Conferencing. This includes interfacing with the clinical system to add rooms, update functionality in existing rooms, remotely monitor and manage facilities and live multi-site conferences.
- Advises, trains, and assists faculty, staff, students and guest lecturers regarding audio visual equipment, streaming services, video conferencing services and video production.
- Recommend additional equipment or services as appropriate and based on need or customer request.
- Coordinate assigned events or user requests.
- Trouble-shoots equipment malfunctions
- Utilize internal customer support tracking application to track work.
- Operate broadcast and non-broadcast quality audio and or video equipment.
- Maintain and operate equipment and services provided by TMS.
- Schedule usage, set-up, deliver and retrieve audio visual equipment.
- Assist with organizing events; maintains event schedule.
- Provide quality video or audio production services.
- Maintains inventory of all audiovisual equipment.
- Maintains appropriate records, billing, and reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School or Vocational School Diploma
- 5 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Video Conferencing equipment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital captures and techniques.
- Must have good visual acuity for viewing video and still images, manual dexterity, and work sedentary.
- Effective verbal and written communication competence.
- Solid interpersonal skills; ability to work well with people, their expertise, and organizational relationships.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Familiar with Crestron Systems
- Familiar with Video Conferencing, Cisco/Zoom