Software Engineer Associate
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Associate Software Engineer functions in all phases of applications development. This position assists with analysis of user needs, software and database design, programming and life cycle development of all business and clinical applications. The Software Engineer - Associate will work with other engineers in the design and development of software applications that support the demands of UMMS academic, research and business needs. They may also participate in the evaluation and research of 3rd party software and conduct feasibility studies to determine appropriate solutions. \Performs duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software environment and serves a complex medical/education community. This position requires a developer that is in touch with new trends and is familiar with rapid development. The position requires individuals to be detail oriented, organized, independent, responsible and accountable.
This position is located in Lincoln, Rhode Island at the QARC QA Data Center.Responsibilities
- Participate in code reviews, support business processes, and assist in problem analysis and consultation.
- Follow Agile/ITIL/SDLC methodology, including assisting with inspections and post implementation reviews required.
- Contribute to technical design, code, testing, and debugging efforts.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner.
- Ensure quality control through testing and debugging software for accuracy, completeness, and system integrity.
- Interact effectively and professionally (verbally, written, etc.) with users, customers, vendors and management to ensure delivery and use of application is consistent with agreed upon project goals.
- Development of skills and expertise in present and emerging technologies by participating in formal training when possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Experience with development/software frameworks, and SDLC methodologies
- Object-oriented analysis, design and programming skills
- Experience working in / Knowledge of Agile/Scrum framework
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
- Understanding of web services and API’s
- Experience using modern development processes/tools and developing through the complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent problem solving skills required.
- 0-2+ years demonstrated experience with multiple technology disciplines: including windows environment
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Development experience with Visual Source Safe
- Experience with Microsoft Access
- Experience with SQL Server database management, SQL coding