Post Doctoral Associate
Post Doctoral Associate
Opportunity for an outstanding Postdoctoral (Ph.D.) Associate with possible career advancement: statistical genomic analyses of next-generation sequencing, gene discovery, meta-analyses, genetic-epidemiologic studies. Individual will write manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals and present at scientific meetings.Responsibilities
Lead data analysis involving next-generation sequencing and gene discovery as well as gene-environment and genetic-epidemiologic association analyses and longitudinal studies.
Interface and actively collaborate with other researchers, including external and academic partners.
Disciplines: Genetic Epidemiology with strong quantitative skills, statistical genetics, bioinformatics
Ph.D. in quantitative genetic-epidemiology, statistical genetics or bioinformatics and
- 3+ years-Skill (Preferred), experience and good working knowledge of genetic databases and websites, as well as computational programs such as Operating Systems (e.g. UNIX, LINUX, Windows); Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash, Tcl); Programming languages (e.g. Java, C/C++) and statistical programming (R or MatLab), PLINK, SAS.
- Proven ability to analyze and compare genome-wide data
- Record of high-quality publications and oral presentations preferable.
- Thorough knowledge of principles and techniques used in genomic research projects including knowledge of potential biases and how to control for them in study design and analyses.
- Experience in programming biology-related software for data mining (e.g. genome sequences) required
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Team player, respectful and professional behavior, willing to teach and share
Highly qualified candidates will have:
- Hands-on experience in large-scale data analysis
- Experience in statistical computing
- Understanding of basic molecular biology
- Ability to manage and steer research projects
- Ability to prepare manuscripts for publication in top tier journals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please send three references from immediate supervisor and professional contacts. Salary is senior postdoctoral level; commensurate with the candidate’s experience. The position has the potential of 3-4 years with the possibility for renewal.
In order to proceed with your application, interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV and three references to [email protected]