Coordinator of Recruitment and Enrollment - John Wesley Honors College
Coordinator of Recruitment and Enrollment - John Wesley Honors CollegePOSITION SUMMARY
Working collaboratively with staff from IWU-Marion Admissions, the Honors College, Financial Aid, and Office of Intercultural Learning & Engagement, the JWHC Coordinator of Recruitment and Enrollment leads efforts to recruit a large and diverse pool of academic high achievers to the IWU-Marion campus and enroll honors students in JWHC academic programs.
IWU’s John Wesley Honors College (JWHC) invites applications for a Coordinator of Recruitment and Enrollment. This permanent part-time (29 hours/week, 11 months) administrative position leads efforts to recruit a large and diverse pool of academic high achievers to the IWU-Marion campus and to enroll honors students in JWHC academic programs. The Coordinator works closely with the JWHC Assistant Director of Programs and JWHC Dean and pursues these recruitment and enrollment efforts in collaboration with staff from IWU-Marion Admissions, Financial Aid, and Office of Intercultural Learning & Engagement.
In addition to strong interpersonal, management, analytical, communication, and editing skills, the successful candidate must have an active and maturing Christian faith, familiarity with collegiate honors education, demonstrated ability to work effectively with college students (especially students from diverse backgrounds), and a collaborative spirit. A graduate degree in a related field is not required, but it is preferred.
The JWHC Coordinator of Recruitment reports to the JWHC Assistant Director of Programs.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a comprehensive recruitment strategy for attracting academic high achievers to the College of Arts & Sciences and Pre-Licensure Nursing Division. Organize and direct the JWHC’s calendar of Admissions and Enrollment: e.g., promotional mailings, Interview Days, admissions decisions, and student registration. Serve as the JWHC liaison with IWU-Marion Admissions and Financial Aid. Provide personal interaction with prospective students/parents through academic fairs, campus visits, phone calls, and email. Oversee student workers’ efforts to contact JWHC-eligible prospective students by phone. Manage the receipt of application materials, maintain prospective student records, and communicate regularly with applicants regarding interviews and the status of their candidacies. Chair the JWHC Admissions Committee and coordinates its vetting of applicants and admissions decisions, as well as coordinate broad faculty participation in the Interview Days. Supervise a staff of student Admissions Assistants who help to implement the Coordinator’s recruitment strategies and admissions plan. Work with the various CAS academic divisions and pre-licensure nursing to develop and implement unique recruitment strategies for attracting diverse academic high achievers to their respective disciplines. Coordinates scholarship details for JWHC incoming classes with Financial Aid.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University’s employment policy, all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- An active and maturing Christian faith.
- Familiarity with higher education and the nature and character of Christian liberal learning.
- Experience with collegiate admissions and honors education is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Christian higher education and the cultural dynamics of university life.
- Maintains a strong work ethic, is well organized, and able to effectively manage multiple administrative responsibilities in one’s daily work.
- Personable, hospitable, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer and data management skills.
- Works well as part of a team and values collaboration and consensus.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer