History Professor - Adjunct
Adjunct faculty salary for the 2019-2020 fiscal year is $885.00 per credit hour.
What You'll Do
South Puget Sound Community College seeks an engaging and dedicated History instructor to teach a range of History courses, including World Civilization I, II, III, United States History I, II, III, Pacific Northwest History, and Women in United States History in our Social Sciences & Business division.
SPSCC accepts applications for adjunct faculty (part-time) positions on an ongoing basis to establish a qualified pool of applicants. The applicant pool is created for future, part-time professor appointments for the individual program or course indicated. his announcement will serve as an open and continuous applicant pool. Appointment availability varies from quarter to quarter.
Candidates selected from the pool will be contacted by the division should a vacancy arise. Your application will remain in the pool unless notified.
Place student success at the center of all decision-making.
- Engage with students, faculty, staff and administrators to create a community of learners.
- Seek opportunities for teaching and learning excellence.
- Embrace change, risk-taking and innovation.
- Respect the richness of diverse cultural values, beliefs and practices of others.
- Contribute to the technical and general education of students who will apply learning to the world of work and transfer their education to a university.
- HIST& 126 - World Civilization I
- HIST& 127 - World Civilization II
- HIST& 128 - World Civilization III
- HIST& 146 - US History I
- HIST& 147 - US History II
- HIST& 148 - US History III
- HIST& 214 - Pacific Northwest History
- HIST& 215 - Women in US History
Ability to teach a range of daytime, evening, or online sections.
Qualifications You Possess
- Master's degree in History (or related area with significant coursework in History) from an accredited college or university.
- Experience teaching in a community college setting.
Applications must include the following attachments:
- Cover letter addressed to the Screening Committee highlighting your ability to perform the responsibilities and competencies described in the job posting.
- Current Resume showing all educational and professional experience which demonstrates how you meet the minimum and any preferred qualifications.
- Copies of unofficial transcripts from institutions of higher education.
Condition of Employment
Employment with the college is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check. Any adverse information will be considered on a case-by-case basis and does not automatically preclude a candidate from employment.
This position has been designated as a bargaining unit position represented by the South Puget Sound Federation of Teachers, AFT/AFL-CIO, Local 4603.
SPSCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
South Puget Sound Community College (SPSCC) is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a working environment that includes and respects cultural, racial, ethnic, sexual orientations, and gender identity diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons over age 40, disabled and Vietnam era veterans, and people of all sexual orientations and gender identities are encouraged to apply. The college complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Applicants needing accommodation in the application process in an alternative format may contact the Human Resource Office at (360) 596-5500. The college is committed to enhancing the diversity of our faculty and staff, as well as our student population. We strongly encourage applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legal protected status. SPSCC is a drug-free workplace.