Vice President of Marketing and Communications
Job DetailsLevel SeniorJob Location St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FLPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level Graduate DegreeSalary Range $105,000.00 - $125,000.00 Salary/yearTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category ExecutiveDescription
Reporting to the College President, and serving as a member of the Cabinet, the Vice President of Marketing and Communications is responsible for advancing the image and reputation of the College through the development of a strategic communications and marketing program, resulting in improved public perception and support of the College.
Vision, Strategy, and Leadership
Work collaboratively with the President and Cabinet peers to solve problems and communicate topics, issues and accomplishments.
- Oversee the development of a community-wide strategy for relationship building on behalf of the College to expand visibility and develop external partnerships and opportunities.
- Develop and implement an integrated communication plan to advance Flagler College’s brand, help drive enrollment, broaden awareness of College community programs and community initiatives and increase visibility across all stake holders.
- Cultivate relationships with key external stakeholders, including media, trustees and donors, where appropriate.
- Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet and College committees as assigned by the President.
- Oversee the production and serves as creative lead of College publications to ensure a consistent message to all employees, students, and the community of the College’s plans and activities.
- Manage administrative duties including strategic planning, budgeting, Board of Trustees Reports, annual reports, and assessments.
- Develops and implements marketing campaigns
- Serve as the Chief Storyteller for Flagler College
Team Development and Management
- Ensure the duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
- Mentor and develop the Department Directors.
- Annually define and implement goals and objectives with Directors.
- Establish expectations and development goals for each staff member and conduct annual performance appraisals.
Communication, Marketing Community, and Government Relations
- Develop marketing and communication strategies that support the College’s strategic priorities and goals.
- Collaborate with team and all College offices to implement integrated marketing communications strategies, news and information, public relations, publications, and digital strategy consistent with the College strategic plan, mission, vision, goals and branding guidelines.
- Work with the marketing communications team to maintain proactive and preemptive messaging to address issues that may require timely and thoughtful responses.
- Coordinate crisis communication strategy for dissemination of information during a crisis situation.
- Oversee social media marketing strategy and content marketing.
- Oversee the coordination of speaking engagements for the President and faculty/staff to enhance the image and reputation of the College.
- Work collaboratively to enhance cultural and civic engagement projects related to the College mission.
- Oversee the development of a College-wide Government Relations strategy to increase engagement of Federal, State, and Local Elected Officials.
Applications for this position will be accepted until filled and reviewed on a rolling basis. Applicants should include a link to their digital portfolio on their resume or submit samples of their work with their resume. Applications without this information will not be considered. (Note: There is a file limit size of 5MB per document)
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an executive management role related to the duties outlined in this job description.
- Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive marketing, public relations and media (digital and print) experience.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with constituents, both internal and external to the College.
- Ability to effectively reflect and convey the character of the College.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exhibit good judgment in making decisions concurrent with College policy.Creative marketing professional and persuasive communicator
- Communication and management skills to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- An inherent positive character that can sustain high performance and promote continuous improvement while valuing learning and a commitment to quality.
- Skilled at building, mentoring, and coaching a team.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Positive, energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive team leader who can effectively impact College initiatives.
- Demonstration of providing proactive vision for the objectives of a department.
Non-Discrimination Statement: Flagler College is committed to diversity, inclusion and pursuit of a higher education with adherence to high ethical standards. It is the policy of Flagler College not to discriminate in admission, treatment, or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic.