Research Staff - Mathematical Sciences
Job DetailsPosition Information Position TitleResearch Staff - Mathematical SciencesAdvertised TitleResearch Staff - Mathematical SciencesLocationTroy, NY CampusSearch NumberR18-00130Full Time/Part TimeFull TimePortfolioSchool of ScienceBusiness UnitMathematical Sciences DepartmentJob Summary
The faculty in the Department of Mathematical Sciences at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute seek talented researchers to participate in the wide variety of active research and educational programs within this dynamic department. Opportunities exist for the researchers at many levels, from Research Specialist through Senior Research Scientist. Hiring will depend upon qualifications & the current needs of the Department. Research staff perform basic to advanced research under the supervision of a principal investigator on a research grant or within a research group under the supervision of several faculty investigators.
Visit http://rpijobs.rpi.edu/postings/7440 for more information.Minimum Qualifications
*Bachelors (or foreign degree equivalent) in mathematical sciences or a related fieldPreferred Qualifications
Additional opportunities exist for those with a relevant advanced degree, publication record, and/or significant additional years of paid professional experience in a related position. Individuals who possess these qualifications and who have the potential to, or a demonstrated track record of being able to build collaborative external partnerships are especially desirable. Relevant combinations of training, education and experience will be considered.
Postdoctoral Research Associates must have completed a PhD. or foreign degree equivalent in a field that is directly related to the Principal Investigator’s funding and research program needs are also especially desirable.Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer literacy, including ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze and present data
- Ability to collect, record and interpret data using appropriate field specific systems, equipment and techniques
- Ability to set up and conduct sound experimental procedures
- Ability to communicate data and results in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to maintain accurate and detailed records
- Ability to understand and follow directions; must be able to work closely with others
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet inflexible deadlines
- Knowledge of and ability to pay strict attention to research protocol
- Ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with difficult situations or people
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for Three (3) or more references
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you currently employed by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?