Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech II MEP
Position Title:Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech II MEP Position Number:10044171, 10044172 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:08/08/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech II MEP position. This position provides highly skilled service, repairs and general maintenance support for UNG campus buildings and infrastructure to include HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and others building trades work. Position supports Facilities at UNG south campuses (Gainesville, Oconee and Cumming). This position is required to be on call every six (6) weeks.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech II MEP will:
- Provide maintenance and repairs to HVAC equipment, install electrical wiring to devices, repair and install plumbing, perform preventive maintenance in building as assigned.
- Assist specialized skilled craft employees in complex projects; computer skills for HVAC and electrical controls, work requests, and preventive maintenance.
- Operate equipment such as 50 ft. aerial man lift and backhoes; ability to operate test equipment and tools necessary to perform troubleshooting and repairs in the HVAC and electrical trades.
- Maintain and schedule controls for energy management system.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Facilities.
- Must have general knowledge of various craft areas.
- Ability to perform physical labor, to include but not limited to lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds, climbing and working from ladders and performing manual labor tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to safely use all equipment and tools in the building trades area.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to use all test equipment in the HVAC and Electrical field.
- Knowledge of computer programs such as MS Office.
- High School Diploma / GED, Preferred Tech school or training in HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing area
- Six (6) years of multi-craft maintenance experience.
- EPA Certification preferred.
- Computer and controls background would be helpful.
- Preferred license in HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing Trades.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.