Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I (Construction/Carpenter/Painter)
Position Title:Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I (Construction/Carpenter/Painter) Position Number:10044169, 1044170 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Gainesville Job Close Date:08/15/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I position. The position will provide carpentry, painting and general maintenance and other general maintenance requests for UNG Facilities South Campuses (Gainesville, Oconee and Cumming).
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Tech I position will:
- Perform painting, masonry, carpentry, cabinetry, drywall installation and repairs; basic preventive maintenance.; provides support for projects installing metal stud framing, drywall, finishings, commercial drop ceiling, painting, masonry, carpentry , pressure washing and flooring.
- Assist specialized skilled craft employees in complex projects to include setup and events.
- Operate and maintain tools and equipment needed to perform work. Ladders, man lifts, forklift, and be able to work heights up to 50 feet, basic computer skills
- Work with event setups and moves as needed.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by Facilities.
- Must have general knowledge of various craft areas (carpentry and painting);
- Ability to perform physical labor, to include but not limited to lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds, climbing and working from ladders and performing manual labor tasks for extended periods.
- Ability to safely use equipment and supplies needed in construction trades
- Ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time to include, but not limited to, lifting, pushing/pulling objects up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb and work from ladders up to 32 feet tall.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies and to perform minor repairs as needed.
- Ability to understand and follow specific oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods, often in adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to operate equipment and small hand tools.
- Cabaility of balancing; bending over; carrying; climb onto and down equipment and up/down ladder; crawling; crouching; eye/hand coordination; grasping; hazards such as electrical, chemical, biological; hearing; inside/outside environmental factors; kneeling; constant, heavy, constant lifting; moving; pulling; pushing; reaching; overhead; repetitive use of hands/arms; repetitive use of legs; sitting; standing; stooping; talking; twisting; Walking (include distance); ability to work heights up to 60 feet using man lifts and ladders; operate vehicles; trucks; golf carts.
- Abilty to operate power tools.
- High School Diploma / GED.
- Five years of multi-craft maintenance experience.
- A Georgia Driver's License.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.