Cybersecurity Research Student Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2019)
Position Title:Cybersecurity Research Student Assistant - Institutional Student Worker (Fall 2019) Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:09/02/2019 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a student research assistant to work with a computer science faculty in the cybersecurity research project.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
The student will:
- Have an interest in cybersecurity practice
- Be familiar with working with computers and eager to learn cybersecurity related topics
- Be ready to learn cybersecurity and privacy tools such as volatility, metaexploit, Magnet Ram Forensics, ect.
- Willingness to learn new knowledge, tools and do cybersecurity experiment such as processing computer memory images
- Detailed minded
- Good reading skills
- Must be enrolled at the University of North Georgia in a minimum of six (6) credit hours to qualify as a student worker
- Must have taken at least one cybersecurity course, such as computer security or information security with a B or above grade.
- Junior or senior standing in Computer Science and Information Systems
- Some research experiment in the academic setting would be preferred but not required
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.