Position Title:Student Assistant - Technology Helpdesk Job Category:Student Department:User Services - 7010430 Division:Information Technology Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
The Technology Helpdesk Student Assistant will report to the Technology Helpdesk department which provides technology assistance to GGC end users including staff, faculty and students.The Technology Helpdesk Student Assistants will help primarily end users using GGC computers, various applications, Microsoft Office suite of products, MyCourses (D2L/Brightspace), Internet (wired and wireless), printers, telephones, cell phones, photocopiers and moving technology equipment to various locations across GGC campus. Student Assistants will be responsible for answering incoming Helpdesk phone calls using best business practices for professional greeting, transfer and closure of calls. Student Assistants will submit, process, communicate ticket updates and resolve tickets using Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Create and submit tickets using the Helpdesk ticketing system
- Receive incoming Helpdesk phone calls while providing technology support over the phone
- Assist users with computer login issues and troubleshoot issues on GGC wireless network
- Assist users with Microsoft Office and other standard desktop applications supported by GGC Technology Helpdesk
- Assist GGC faculty, staff and students with accessing and troubleshooting Email, MyCourses (D2L/Brightspace), and Banner
- Assisting users with backing up materials to various removable media (flash drives, etc.)
- Assist users with the use and troubleshooting of multi-function printers and copiers
- Assist with movement of technology equipment from one building to another on GGC campus
- Maintain general tidiness, upkeep and organization in GGC Technology Helpdesk
- Perform other duties as required
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College and be in good academic standing
- Must maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Communication skills: Listening, Writing, Questioning, Verbal, Information Gathering
- Knowledge in Higher Education industry (technical and business)
- Troubleshooting various technology issues
- Time management and organization
- Experience using computers in a networked environment
- A relatively high level of skill and experience using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity with Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox web browsers, including how to clear the cache, turn off/on popup blockers and making general settings changes
- Knowledge of commonly used computer terminology
- Ability to change default printers and other default settings as necessary
- Ability to patiently understand and diagnose computer and software related problems and suggest solutions
- Ability to add, retrieve and utilize information from our internal Wiki page
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Work Hours:Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). This is a part-time student assistant position up to 25 hours per week. Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt