Staff Counselor (45)
Request/Posting Number 0712223
Classification Title Staff Counselor (45)
Working Title Staff Counselor
Job Class # 491609
Type of Position Administrative Professional
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 80
Department Student Counseling Services - 02420000
Job Category Staff
General Summary Every year thousands of students use Student Counseling Services (SCS) for counseling services. The Staff Counselor's responsibilities include brief individual, couples and group counseling, assessment, crisis intervention and outreach/prevention programming.
Required Qualifications 1. Master's Degree or Doctoral in counseling, social work, clinical psychology, counseling psychology or related field
2. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Licensure
2. College/university counseling center experience
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Master's Degree in counseling, social work, clinical psychology, counseling psychology or related field
Hiring Rate/Range Commesnusrate with Experience
Work Hours Occasional evening or weekend work required.
Proposed Starting Date: 08/01/2019
Posting date 07-02-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants **This is a 10-month, date definite position.**
All application materials must be submitted online. Application materials submitted via fax, email, or mail will not be accepted.
Please prepare in advance separate documents representing a cover letter, reference list (at least three professional references and contact information), and resume/C.V. to attach to this application.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity, and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Sandy Colbs
Departmental Homepage www.counseling.illinoisstate.edu
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents
Civil Service Test Not Applicable
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis
2. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse)
3. Ability to conduct or attend meetings in various locations across campus.
4. Ability to perform sedentary work involving sitting the majority of the time.