Administrative Support Associate I
Posting DetailsPosting Details Job TitleAdministrative Support Associate IRequisition NumberRE19051Working TitleAdministrative Support Associate I - District 3Department Name81300:EXTENSION FIELD PROGRAMSWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level41Salary Range$14.99-23.98/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods of time. Performing repetitive motion tasks. Effectively communicating with individuals from diverse backgrounds and varied professional levels.Shift
Monday-Friday (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.)Job Summary
Job title: Administrative Support Associate – District 3
Location: Lexington, KY; University of Kentucky Campus (monthly fee to park on campus paid by employee)
This position will provide administrative support to the District 3 Cooperative Extension District Director. Under the supervision of the District Director, the person filling this position will perform duties of a general office administrative assistant including receptionist, typist, computer operator, office equipment operator, file clerk and other duties as assigned by the District Director. Specifically, the Administrative Support Associate will be responsible for the management of confidential District financial and personnel records, management of daily operations, management of District information delivery, and leadership and training for County support staff. It is expected that the selected candidate perform these functions in a professional manner including punctuality, proper use of written and verbal grammar, professional dress, and a professional disposition. The Administrative Support Associate will become knowledgeable of the philosophy, goals and objectives, policies and procedures of the Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service.
Resume and cover letter are required at time of application.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Experience with computer software and systems including Microsoft Office products; familiarity with office equipment including scanners, copiers, fax machines, etc.; knowledge and use of a multi-line phone systemDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associates degree with at least 3 years of clerical, administrative and/or office support experience preferred.
Driver’s license preferred.Deadline to Apply07/22/2019University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense (felony or misdemeanor) including driving under the influence (DUI)? If yes, please explain giving date(s) and location and complete name at the time.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your highest level of education completed.
- No High School diploma or GED
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- * Please indicate your involvement/experience with UK Cooperative Extension.
- Worked for Cooperative Extension
- Volunteered for Cooperative Extension
- Participated in programming presented by Cooperative Extension
- No involvement with Cooperative Extension
- * How many years of experience do you have providing administrative support for a department or organization?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK’s online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- Cover Letter