Career Seminar Coordinator
Posting DetailsPosting Information Vacancy TypeNon-Tenure-Track FacultyIs Internal Transfer OnlyNoWorking TitleCareer Seminar CoordinatorSalary RangeAnticipated Hiring Range$2,500 per 1-hour credit coursePosition Number00107651Work ScheduleFlexible (day and/or evening courses)Full Time Equivalent (FTE).075-.30Department200401 - College of Mgmt Acad AffairsDepartmentCollege of Mgmt Acad AffairsJob City & StateRaleigh, NCPrimary Function of Organizational Unit
The Poole College of Management Career Center provides career and professional development student support services to approximately 3,100 undergraduate students and 900 graduate students in the college. The Center works closely with students to provide the foundation to build a lifetime of career success. Through experiential education, strong relationships with the corporate community, resources, coaching, and innovative programming, Poole students gain the practical experience, confidence, and skills necessary to launch their careers.Essential Job Duties
Under the supervision of the Director of Career & Internship Development for Undergraduate Programs, the Career Seminar Coordinator will provide support for and facilitate multiple in-person and online sections of M120 (Professional Development & Career Planning) to students, evaluating course outcomes and student learning, amending the course syllabus as needed, and scheduling course guest speakers. This will entail using the developed curriculum and interfacing with the director and external partners to make sure the content is offered effectively. The seminar coordinator will be responsible for evaluating student performance in the course and for career coaching as it is naturally part of the developed curriculum.
The Career Course Seminar Coordinator will:
- Maintain regular communication with the instructor of record for the course.
- Maintain and update course syllabus and learning materials related to the course.
- Facilitate multiple in-person and online sections of the course.
- Coordinate with external partners to arrange guest lecturers and facilitators as needed to enhance delivery and content for the course.
- Grade assignments and provide verbal and written feedback to students as needed.
- Provide career coaching as part of the course for enrolled students.
- Respond to student questions and issues related to the course.
- Evaluate student learning and course outcomes and update course learning objectives.
- Develop and provide an annual report on the course.
- Train additional and guest facilitators as needed.
These positions are short term, non-tenure track appointments.
Candidates will be hired as Lecturer based on credentials and qualifications.
The Career Course Seminar Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Undergraduate Career Development.Other Work/Responsibilities
Complete other related tasks as needed.Minimum Education/Experience
Requires a Masters Degree, an equivalent degree or equivalent Professional Experience.Departmental Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years’ experience in recruiting, human resources, college career counseling/ coaching services or experiential education.
- Previous experience teaching, delivering training, and/or instruction in career and professional development topics.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), and presentation skills.
- Strong customer/client service focus.
- Comfortable working with instructional technology-based platforms.
- Proven ability to work independently while functioning as a team member.
- Strong abilities in time management and managing multiple classes and details.
N/ARequired License or Certification
N/ASpecial InstructionsJob Open Date07/01/2019Anticipated Closing DateIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?NoProposed Hire DateAA/EOE
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How did you learn of this opportunity?
- NCSU Website
- NCSU Executive Search Services
- Other Online Job Board
- Carolina Job Finder / Employment Guide
- Job / Career Fair
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Professional Journal
- Print Advertisement (Newspaper / Periodical)
- Professional Organization
- Direct Contact from NCSU HR Representative / Recruiter
- NCSU Employee Referral
- Social Media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Other)
- If you selected "Other" for the previous question, please provide the source you learned about this opportunity from.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Contact Information for References