Kitchen Manager /Chef
The Kitchen Manager/Chef is responsible for leading and managing the back of the house food and beverage operation for the golf club in the absence of the Director. The position is responsible for servicing all customers within the golf club and also maximizing the profit within the food and beverage operation. The position also ensures that the kitchen, bar and restaurant facilities meets and adheres to all codes and licenses and that all presentation of facilities, food and beverage are presented in a quality way.
University of Denver Golf Club at Highlands Ranch is an 18-hole, semi private golf club featuring a Hale Irwin designed championship golf course. The course, which opened in 1998, features a great variety of immaculately groomed holes. The 7179 yard, par 72 layout boasts expansive bentgrass greens that many say are the best in the region. The Golf Club is a part of the Division of Athletics & Recreation.
The Kitchen Manager/Chef is responsible for leading and managing the back of the house food operation in the absence of the Director. The position ensures that the kitchen facilities meets and adheres to all safety and sanitation codes. This position is responsible for food service, completing and filling customer orders properly and in a timely manner, and have full availability in either morning or evening shifts. Delivery of superior food and beverage product/service which exceed the customer expectations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, bilingual in Spanish preferred but not required
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, product calibration, percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization may exist.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Candidate must have the capability to communicate with customers and potential clients in a constructive and optimistic fashion.
- Excellent organizational skills are required.
- Strong Customer Service Skills.
- Special Event Planning and Execution.
- 3 years experience, golf course, upscale dining, banquet, special event planning and production
- Food Safety Procedures training and certifications
- Purchasing, Inventory Control, Costing and Menu Development and Culinary Skills
- Ability to work Flexible Schedule, Nights and Weekends
- Culinary Degree or Hospitality Certifications
The employee is provided a shared desk and computer in a standard office in the golf course clubhouse. Sales are a not a large part of the duties required of this employee; The employee operates and manages the kitchen and spends a significant amount of time within this space.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to hold or feel, reach with hands and arms, walk, talk, smell and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, crouch and crawl. Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
Monday - Sunday, must be available nights and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on July 15, 2019
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The pay for this position is $22-$25 hourly
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three references
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.