Executive Director, Business and Administration (College of Medicine)
The University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine is seeking an Executive Director of Business and Administration for the Department of Otolaryngology. Reporting to the department Chair of Otolaryngology and to UC’s Sr. Associate Dean for Operations and Finance and the COO of UC Physicians, Inc., this individual will be responsible for all day to day business operations of the department and its affiliated practice corporation. This includes tactical and strategic planning, fiscal management, annual budget development, personnel management, program development, clinical practice management, and other administrative matters. The Executive Director of Business and Administration will serve as an advocate for the department and a liaison between both internal and external constituents.Primary Duties
- Direct all business operations of the department, including but not limited to, accounting, payroll, purchasing,budgets, asset management, contract negotiations, audits, etc.
- Direct the development of business plans for new and ongoing business ventures.
- Participation and regular attendance on College of Medicine/UC Physicians committees and task forces and continuing education activities.
- Direct the long-term strategic planning process of the department to ensure financial health of the department.
- Ensure College of Medicine/UC Physicians senior management is well-informed on issues impacting the department.
- Direct the facilities management of the department, including development of new space, renovation of existing space and relocations to alternate space.
- Support the compliance activities of the department, including all regulatory compliance, clinical trials, billing, etc.
- Support/direct the marketing and public relations efforts of the department.
- Support the development efforts of the department.
- Support the enforcement of the corporate practice plan.
Minimum QualificationsBachelor’s Degree in business related field and five (5) years of management experience in a medical physician group, medical school, university, research organization or healthcare organization. Master’s degree preferred.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:INS SF:INS