Career Services Advisor
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Career Services Advisor Who we are:
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.What we offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.Campus Chicago - Michigan Ave. If other, please specify Position Status Full Time If part time, hours per week What you will do:
Overview: We believe at NLU that success is not only defined by graduating but also by walking across that stage with the next step in one’s career already secured. The goal of the Career Services Advisor is to support and empower students to achieve that success. Career readiness is one of our most critical areas of development as we work to create opportunities for students and close the professional placement gap for historically underserved college students. We are looking for an experienced career advisor with knowledge of career development best practices, who is passionate about building students’ career skills and confidence. We are looking for team members who have made equity and inclusion a priority in their work and believe that all students, when given the opportunity, can achieve success. Advisors need 3-5 years of applied career development experience and can apply current industry trends to advising sessions and classroom workshops.
The Career Advisor will work proactively with Daytime, Undergraduate students to provide robust support in career development, job search, and attainment. Career Advisors will work directly with a cohort of students in either of the following disciplines (Business, Communication, and Management; Health and Human Services and Social and Behavioral Sciences; Criminal Justice; or Education). They will work with students to ensure they successfully complete career milestones and assist those needing additional support.
Career Advisors will conduct in-class presentations called “Push-ins” on topics including all areas of career development, including career and major exploration and decision making, full-time job searches, resume and cover letter writing, interviewing, and networking. This position will work with a dedicated team comprised of Student Coaches, Faculty, Data Analysts, and Employer Relations Managers. This position requires you to be agile, creative, and engaging while offering an innovative and unparalleled experience to undergraduate students.NLU UGC PROGRAM CORE VALUES
Student-Focused: Make decisions based on what is best for students with the belief that when all students have access to resources and support, they are empowered to achieve success.
Expect Excellence: Hold high expectations for our students and for the adults to serve them and hold ourselves accountable for achieving excellence.
Personalized Support: Take a holistic approach to provide individualized support that encourages students to realize their full potential in college and beyond.
Data-Driven, Collaborative Environment: Work together as a unified team, utilizing real-time data and technology to adapt to student needs.
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Remain agile and open to changes and new ideas-incorporating data as well as student, faculty and administration voice-to ensure that we are continuously learning, improving, and innovating in all aspects of the student experience.
- Serve as primary university support to designated caseload of students in their internship and job search strategies and in meeting their overall career goals. Updates database with case notes.
- Develops and implements outreach strategy to drive the completion of career milestones and development activities among high needs student populations through regular class visits and planned programs.
- Collaborates with Employer Relations Manager to assist student cohort in connecting to employers to obtain work-based learning experiences and post-graduation employment or continuing education.
- Works closely with faculty and academic staff to collaborate on meeting student career development needs.
- Assists in Career Bridge events, including job fairs and student programming.
- Maintains database of students and employment outcomes.
- Attends networking functions as appropriate to develop employer contacts while promoting university and college objectives.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in university career services or workforce development required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in higher education or related field preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of relationship management databases, such as eRecruiting, CSO or Symplicity
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated in-depth experience using LinkedIn and other professional social networking sites
- Agile, creative, and engaging while offering innovative and unparalleled experiences to undergraduate students
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Internal Posting Form (Internal Applicants Only)