Medical Laboratory Technician Faculty, Part-Time
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleMedical Laboratory Technician Faculty, Part-TimeRequisition NumberFAC00286General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is an open-admission, associate-degree-granting institution which provides access to higher education for all who may benefit. Its programs of study in the liberal arts and sciences, career technologies, and basic academic skills provide a coherent foundation for college transfer, employment and lifelong learning. The College serves Philadelphia by preparing its students to be informed and concerned citizens, active participants in the cultural life of the city, and enabled to meet the changing needs of business, industry and the professions. To help address broad economic, cultural and political concerns in the city and beyond, the College draws together students from a wide range of ages and backgrounds and seeks to provide the programs and support they need to achieve their goals.
The Medical Laboratory Technician Program is accepting applications for part-time teaching positions for the 2019-2020 academic year.Specific Responsibilities
• Teach courses from the following areas: phlebotomy, hematology, and clinical chemistry. Additional responsibilities may include medical laboratory site procurement; communicating with and travel to medical laboratory sites; preparing medical laboratory schedules for students; reviewing and ensuring students’ compliance in meeting the MLT Program’s requirements.
• Participating in course/program assessment, student mentoring and recruitment.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Prepare and deliver instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepare and submit required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college. Maintain and disseminate current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
• Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to further the goals and objectives of the College and the program.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Participation in continual assessment and course updates to ensure excellence in meeting program and student learning outcomes.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Provide feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
• Remain current in the use of technology, developments within the field of discipline, and developments related to teaching and student success.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field from a regionally accredited university; be a graduate of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Science Program; have current certification as a medical technologist or medical laboratory scientist (ASCP preferred or equivalent); and a minimum of five years’ work experience in a clinical laboratory.Preferred Qualifications
Master’s degree in Education or related field and prior teaching experience in a Medical Laboratory Science Program at a college or health care institution.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 3 professional references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankAdjunct FacultySalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field from a regionally accredited university?
- * Are you a graduate of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Science Program?
- * Do you have current certification as a medical technologist or medical laboratory scientist?
- * Do you have a minimum of five years’ work experience in a clinical laboratory?
- * Do you have a Master’s degree in Education or related field?
- * Do you have prior teaching experience in a Medical Laboratory Science Program at a college or health care institution?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)