Programming Coordinator - Courtyard
Programming Coordinator - Courtyard
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Illini Union at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking a talented student affairs professional to serve as a Programming Coordinator. As the community center of the University, the Illini Union draws together all members of the University with approximately 16,000 visits of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests on a daily basis.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
This position develops programs and events geared to the general student body as well as the campus community for the Illini Union and related facilities. The position will be responsible for contracting, creating, and the development and implementation of regular programs and special events. The position will also actively seek co-sponsorship with and serve as a resource to Registered Student Organizations and University departments seeking to partner with the Illini Union to provide programs for the campus community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as the staff member responsible for creation and implementation of regular occurring programs executed within the Illini Union organization (outside of those done by the Illini Union and other Illini Union units).
2. Responsible for budget development of all programs and delegation of related financial expenditures. Oversee all aspects of publicity with the Illini Union Marketing Department for assigned areas of responsibilities.
3. Solicits performers related to planned programming and responsible for related contract negotiation. Assesses all programming efforts. Keeps accurate records and documents.
4. Oversees the selection, training, and evaluation process of student staff. Maintains all necessary employment and evaluation records.
5. Serves as a resource person to various groups, including Illini Union Board members and volunteers, Registered Student Organizations, Illini Union Staff in regards to events planned or staged within the Illini Union venues.
6. Offers appropriate support and guidance to the student body related to programs, events and the mechanics of producing an event.
7. Serves as a liaison and as a resource to Illini Union Staff to issues related to events and programs scheduled within the Illini Union venues.
8. Performs detailed execution of work as related to all program responsibilities - including communication/marketing technical support and student staff scheduling and supervision.
9. Assume appropriate related additional duties to further the mission of the unit.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, or Hospitality Management or a related field.
Master's degree in Higher Education, Business, Marketing, Hospitality Management or related field.
Required: Two years of experience in event planning and production.
Preferred: Two years of experience in student activities/programming/campus activities.
Successful Candidates will have:
An awareness of current needs, trends and issues in the area of Higher Education, Student Affairs and Student Activities. Some knowledge of technical and production related skills. An understanding of the process of advising and supervising college students. Familiarity with new trends relevant to event planning. An understanding of and commitment to inclusivity.
- Most work will be accomplished in a typical office work environment.
- A physical/personal presence in program events is necessary.
- Flexible hours of work are necessary to accomplish the position's responsibilities assigned.
- Must be able to work under pressure in stressful situations, and be able to work on numerous projects simultaneously.
- Limited lifting required when managing files and publication materials.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after July 29, 2019. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by July 29, 2019. Apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the "Apply for Position" button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Illini Union Human Resources and Administrative Shared Services 217-333-3660, [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.