Adjunct Instructor, Spanish
Posting DetailsPosition Information Posting NumberF/A140044Position TitleAdjunct Instructor, SpanishDepartmentEnglish/World LanguagesDivisionAcademic AffairsClassificationAdjunctUnion/Non UnionUnionFull Time / Part Time? Part TimeTemporary? Yes Posting Detail Information Posting Date03/06/2019Closing Date07/31/2019Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Resume, cover letter and copy of unofficial transcripts MUST be attached to your online application.
3 reference letters can be e-mailed ([email protected])or mailed to (English/World Languages Dept., Joliet Junior College, 1215 Houbolt Rd., Joliet, IL 60431) by deadline date.
POSITION TITLE: ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR – Spanish
STATUS: Part time
DEPARTMENT: English/World Languages
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
UNION: Adjunct Faculty
REPORTS TO: Department Chair
MINIMUM PAY RATE: Refer to current adjunct faculty contract
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its faculty.
An adjunct community college instructor is an instructor hired for one semester to teach one or more courses for which he/she is qualified to teach. The adjunct instructor reports to the appropriate Instructional Coordinator and/or Department Chair; provides quality instruction for the assigned courses. The instructor works with full-time faculty in assessing students and following all course guidelines. Willingness to teach at other campus sites is required. Adjunct instructors may submit preferences for locations and loads. Position is subject to all terms and provisions of the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Teach classes in appropriate instructional area.
2. Participate in annual student and chair/coordinator evaluations.
3. Comply with departmental curriculum, grading standards, attendance policies, textbook choices, and assessments, and other established processes.
4. Attend classes regularly; return college reports, credentials, and other requested documentation in a timely manner; effectively communicate with appropriate staff and chair.
5. Comply with all legal and ethical obligations, including FERPA, ADA, and other regulatory legislations. Communicate discrepancies to appropriate officials.
6. Commit to furthering the mission, goals, and core values of the college at all times.
7. Meet other contractual obligations as spelled out in the Joliet Junior College adjunct faculty contract.
1. Master’s Degree in discipline.
2. Expertise in appropriate technologies for instruction.
3. Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning.
1. Teaching experience at the collegiate level.
2. Experience at the community college level.
3. Experience with traditional and non-traditional students from diverse backgrounds.
4. Experience in teaching online and/or using course management programs.
5. Experience in course development and assessment, planning, quality and accreditation processes, and committee service.
1. Standard classroom equipment and software.
1. Classroom teaching environment.
Application Procedures: “Apply to this Job at employment.jjc.edu”
Joliet Junior College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action college supporting diversity.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
- Writing Sample
- Teaching Philosophy
- Other Document