Business Services Administrator - Tufts Technology Services
DescriptionViewing technology in the context of work, scholarship and campus life, TTS is a university-wide service organization committed to delivering technology services that support Tufts’ mission of teaching, learning, research, and service. Understanding that IT enables innovation, TTS prioritizes holistic, human-centered design strategies to create timely and intuitive services, applications and tools that differentiate the Tufts experience.
Across our diverse and creative teams, we engage and focus our collective talent to strengthen Tufts’ strategic IT capabilities. To keep pace with our community’s emerging needs, we continue to evolve our competencies across four main families of practice, including Planning and Design, Service Delivery and Operations, Data Strategy, and Academic Technology.
Thinking and acting strategically with technology occurs through strong partnerships and an engaged community. Additionally, for technologies to take on integral meaning to our work, we also need reliable and consistent support in using them. With staff across all of Tufts’ campuses, as well as a 24x7 IT Service Desk, we collaborate with schools and divisions to meet the demands of a global, mobile community and to enable the broadest possible access.
Come join our collaborative, flexible work environment, where leadership is valued at all levels of the organization, and opportunities abound to work with leading technologies and learn new skills.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Business Planning and Administration, the Business Services Administrator is part of a team of administrative business professionals who support 150+ staff in Tuft Technology Services. S/he independently manages building facilities activities, coordinates administrative operations including general business issues, composes business correspondence, generates personnel action paperwork, manages front desk, and manages calendars for multiple executives. Additionally, the Business Services Administrator may provide organizational chart, time-keep, time-off reporting and emergency contact information support. The ideal candidate should have prior experience in a complex fast moving environment and the ability to work well independently and in a team based environment.
- Associates Degree plus 5 years of experience in a professional environment OR a High School Diploma plus 7 years of related professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, negotiate effectively, prioritize conflicting deadlines.
- Experience managing calendars at the executive level.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in high volume environment with competing demands.
- Must have experience successfully managing crises.
- Must be detail oriented, and able to successfully manage complex projects while paying attention to detail, scheduling in relation to regular work and special events.
- Ability to independently resolve issues; must have good business judgment and the ability to independently analyze and problem solve issues and situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors’ Degree in a related field and 7 years’ experience in a university, supporting an IT team.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Administrative Support
Organization: Tufts Technology Services
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 1, 2019, 2:21:51 PM