HR Business Partner
DescriptionTufts University’s Human Resources office seeks a creative, strategic and results-oriented HR Business partner to work with selected University leadership, staff and faculty managers. Part of a thirteen-person workforce strategies team, the ideal candidate will have a track record of working through complex workplace issues and initiatives and possess competencies such as situational adaptability, ability to influence and persuade, quality decision-making experience, a strong collaborative style and the ability to plan and align to the client portfolio assigned. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to multitask and to effectively learn/use multiple applications to perform the work. With the strong support of peers and HR leadership, the HR Business Partner will serve as a strong collaborator to leverage best practices and resources across Tufts’ campuses, schools and colleges and to support Tufts’ vision of a culture of inclusion.
Tufts at a Glance
Sitesof interest are:
Tufts Human Resources Home Page: https://access.tufts.edu/human-resources
General Information: https://www.tufts.edu/about/tufts-at-a-glance
TuftUniversity’s global presence, initiatives, and operations: https://www.tufts.edu/strategic-themes.
Tufts’Institutional Research’s Fact Book: http://provost.tufts.edu/institutionalresearch/files/2015-16-OIRE-Annual-Report.pdf
QualificationsPersonal Qualifications and Competencies:
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Able to adapt your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Able to use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Able to make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to build partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Able to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Able to make sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems. Have a proven track record of collecting and using data to assess the effectiveness of initiatives and achieve measurable results.
- Possess creativity, resourcefulness, resiliency, trustworthiness, and a sense of humor.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Human Resources
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jul 1, 2019, 8:38:11 AM