Project Coordinator, Consortium for Research & Robotics
Jun 27, 2019
The Project Coordinator role at the Consortium for Research & Robotics will be supervised by the Executive Director and work under daily direction of the Robotics Operations Manager on the general operations of the consortium. Responsibilities include leading the technical and digital aspects of Consortium activities, and supporting programmatic operations, including industry research and development, incubated businesses, academic research, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) programs. Project Coordinator will also be responsible for leading teams of student employees and graduate assistants, who engage with the research at the Consortium and maintain the physical plant. The Project Coordinator will work directly with the ED and the ROM to further the mission of the consortium in communications and relationship management with external entities including schools, community organizations, universities, cultural institutions, and industry partners and sponsors. Development activities include: responses to RFPs and grants, event planning, hosting lectures and tours, among other activities.
- Engage, support and forward research project initiatives undertaken by the Consortium for Research & Robotics.
- Prepare for internal and external events.
- Share in the management of graduate and undergraduate student staff.
- Under supervision of the ED, engage in development activities including responses to RFP's, grant writing, event planning and hosting, tours, and industry relationships.
- Relationship management with external entities including schools, community organizations, universities, cultural institutions, and industry partners and sponsors.
- Responsible for materials and supplies inventory in support of Consortium programs.
- Continuously develop and remain current with technological and analog skillset to be consistent with operational and research needs of the Consortium, including both software and hardware requirements supporting current and future initiatives.
- Under direction of ED and OM, Manage social media and website content.
Education: Bachelor's degree in art, design, technology, engineering, or applicable field.
Experience: 2+ years' experience working with 3-d modeling software and digital manufacturing equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required. Candidate must have the ability to relate complex systems to all types of learners and audiences and to apply technological manufacturing knowledge to design objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are required. Must be able to work with internal teams, government agencies and private corporation personnel in a collegial and businesslike manner. Preferred qualifications include history of participation in funded art, design, and technology, and engineering-focused projects.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.