Sr. PACS Administrator-1
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2019-06-28
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Where Excellence Meets PurposeThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Senior PACS Administrator will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the departmental PACS equipment including image workflow, archiving, auto-routing, pre-fetching and other related activities. The incumbent on this position will coordinate projects with the departments and hospital clinical staff in order to ensure effective integration of clinical systems with other institutional applications. He/she will work closely with department managers and supervisors to ensure proper operation of DICOM image data transfers into the PACS as well as network transmission, information system validation and exceptions handling.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assumes responsibility on a Senior level basis for day-to-day PACS operations within the assigned service line(s) including image workflow, archiving, auto routing, prefetching and other related activities
- Manages and coordinates system security to ensure that unauthorized personnel cannot access vital information either locally or remotely
- Assigns and updates user and system passwords and access levels
- Performs regular inspections to ensure that all equipment is well maintained and operating in a safe work environment
- Performs backups as needed
- Ensures that studies are flowing from modalities to the archive and to reading stations through the various interfaces and processing queues
- Fixes broken and corrupted studies; splits and merges studies as needed
- Updates the system configuration as new modalities, workstations, and procedure codes are added over time
- Investigates, identifies and prepares proposals to solve operational problems within clinical imaging areas
- Ensures validation of details and is responsible for network and operational management of the Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS)
- Assists with implementation, day to day operations and upgrades as necessary to maintain the system at optimal performance
- Ensures timely and complete capture of image data into the PACS as well as network transmissions, information system validation, and exception handling
- Provides input to direct manager and appropriate business unit managers to assist in identifying present and future needs for PACS equipment
- Assists end users with PACS-related issues
- Provides support and application maintenance, as well as trains new hires and clinicians and updates PACS-related training
- Maintains secure records of all PACS equipment
- Oversees PACS integrations including DICOM and HL7, dictionary database structure set up and maintenance, application and hardware redundancy procedures, downtime protocols and archival strategies for PACS clinical data
- Performs QC as indicated for PACS-related hardware and in accordance with departmental regulatory requirements. Performs testing for upgrades and problem solving during implementations, simulation and support phases of the PACS and related departmental Information Systems
- Oversees activities of vendors in all phases of installation, implementation and training for new systems, applications and upgrades
- Assists PACS Administrators and Analysts with day-to-day operations and on-the-job related questions
- Participates in on-call rotations covering 24x7x365
- Performs site visits (including satellites) with departmental leadership.
- Conducts workflow analysis and optimization
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems/Technology recommended
- Minimum 3 years’ Image archive and/or PACS experience
- Solid understanding of clinical workflow within one or more clinical service lines and how it relates to Medical Imaging and PACS
- Excellent attention to detail, project management skills, and applications training skills
- Experience with Hologic, Montage, TeraRecon, and Nuance PowerScribe360 preferred
- CIIP or PARCA certification preferred
Any relevant combination of education, certification, skills and/or experience may be considered
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University of Miami School of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:i107