AY19/20 Adjunct Faculty, Anthropology
Position DetailsPosition Information Position TypeAdjunctClassification TitleAdjunct FacultyPosition's Functional TitleAY19/20 Adjunct Faculty, AnthropologyPosition Start DatePosition End Date (if temporary)Position Summary
Governors State University’s College of Arts and Sciences seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach courses in our various departments. Courses taught by adjunct faculty in the above programs are for undergraduates, graduates, or a combination of both. Please visit www.govst.edu for more information about the programs and courses offered for undergraduates and graduates.
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a curriculum vita, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.
A Master’s degree in a related discipline.Preferred Qualifications
Online teaching experience.Posting Date07/01/2019Closing Date07/31/2020Open Until FilledNoPosting NumberFA0260PType of SearchExternalQuicklink for Postinghttp://employment.govst.edu/postings/4543Employee IDDepartmentSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Doctorate Degree
- * What academic discipline did you earn your degree(s) in?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have experience teaching at the graduate level?
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please describe your availability to teach. Adjunct assignments can be scheduled: Monday-Wednesday-Friday daytime, online, and/or evening courses at the University Park, Illinois campus.
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing/Media Samples