Brand Marketing Director - Chief Marketing Office (116612)
Brand Marketing Director
Chief Marketing Office
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign has an opening for a Brand Marketing Director in the Chief Marketing Office. This is a full-time benefits eligible position that reports to the Chief Marketing Officer. Salary is commensurate with experience and the start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The Brand Marketing Director is involved in the promotion of any university brand activities and strategies to establish and maintain the presence of a brand in the public. This person has marketing responsibilities to develop and execute marketing programs that increase brand identity and brand awareness of the university under the guidance of the CMO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies and road maps for campus units.
- Research and determine brand weaknesses and areas to be modified.
- Develop marketing collateral along with Graphics Team.
- Conduct competitive strategic analysis, segmentation, and insight development.
- Develop mid-term plan and financial analyses.
- Oversee advertising and media planning.
- Direct activities of specialists involved in the brand positioning.
- Measure effectiveness of marketing programs and strategies.
- Educate and train other campus marketers on brand standards and goals.
- Lead other units to conduct competitive strategic analysis, segmentation, and insight development.
Required education, experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, the sciences, or related fields.
- Minimum of three years of proven brand marketing experience – preferably from a corporation.
- Experience interpreting large amounts of data.
- Experience using search engines, web analytics and business research tools.
- Expert with Excel and PowerPoint.
Preferred education, experience and qualifications:
- Five or more years of experience in design, marketing or communications related field.
- Previous history creating and leading agency-style teams serving multiple clients.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Adequate knowledge of data collection methods (polls, focus groups, surveys etc).
- Understanding of how to obtain consumer/customer insights.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new product or service ideas, create a plan, and then manage the plan through completion.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communication abilities.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Business acumen.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu/ and upload your cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references, including contact information by July 25, 2019. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. The preferred start date for this position is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information about this position, please contact Jennifer Steiling at 217-300-2734.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Chancellor Category:2-Administrative Title:Brand Marketing Director - Chief Marketing Office (116612) Open Date:07/01/2019 Close Date:07/25/2019 Organization Name:Chief Marketing Office