Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs
The Academic Affairs Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Vice President of Academic Affairs & Student Learning. The assistant provides confidential administrative support to the office as well as organizes bi-annual convocations, assists with entry and dissemination of semester class schedules, performs data entry and other office and administrative duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but may not be limited to, the following.
- Professionally coordinate and manage the daily operations of the Vice President’s office.
- Write, edit, and proofread all correspondence, directives, agendas, minutes, reports, proposed Board agenda forms, and items for monthly meetings as required. Independently prepare professional responses to correspondences including disciplinary letters. Manage signature folder daily.
- Maintain the Vice President’s calendar, which will include and scheduling appointments, setting conferences and meetings.
- Make arrangements for all off-campus travel for the Vice President.
- Answer, screen, and transfer in-bound phone calls.
- Work with the Division Chairs and Dean in the development and data entry of semester class schedules.
- Process data from Colleague for each faculty member/class. Run a variety of student and financial reports in Colleague, including faculty assignment contracts and stipends.
- Assist in preparation of budget requisitions.
- Monitor budget data for Academic Affairs budget.
- Assist in creation and processing of part-time contract addition forms.
- Assist the Vice President with handling confidential student, faculty, and staff issues.
- Compile data and statistical information for report development and special projects.
- Work with stakeholders, both internal and external, in creating processes and solutions for operational issues.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of collective bargaining agreements and college processes.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets containing various academic information.
- Serve as administrative liaison to adjunct faculty and extension centers.
- Make copies of correspondence or other printed materials. Organize and maintain a file system that contains correspondence and other records.
- Develop and maintain office procedures and monthly task lists in a binder.
- Meet attendance standards and work extended hours when necessary.
- Perform other related duties as required by the Vice President of Academic Affairs & Student Learning. (Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but that are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee’s class of work.)
Required: Bachelor Degree required.
- 4-5 years’ experience supporting Executive-level personnel with experience in project, event, and office management, including work with internal/external customers.
- Planning and organization skills, with the ability to prioritize, implement, and follow through with multiple tasks. Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in MS Office program, email, and internet.
- Knowledge of multiple database systems.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills ed.