Job Summary This position is responsible for assisting in the set-up and management of science laboratories.
Georgia Highlands is a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for the individual selected to grow with us. With a focus on employee wellness and development, the culture is warm and embracing, while the work is fast paced and challenging. Regular fulltime staff, administrators, and faculty enjoy the abundant array of University System health, retirement, and other benefits which includes tuition assistance after six months of employment. Additionally, GHC is a qualifying employer under the Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness program (PSLF). This program provides student loan repayment and forgiveness for qualifying loans for eligible full-time employees. See https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service for more information.
This is an excellent opportunity to impact the lives of literally thousands of students and their families.
- Prepares materials, solutions and equipment for labs
- Cleans materials, equipment and models
- Disposes of bio-hazardous wastes
- Assists in the receiving and inventory of laboratory materials
- Manages and trains student workers
- Monitors laboratory supplies and materials inventory; reorders as needed
- Sets up new labs at satellite campuses as needed
- Performs related duties
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years prior
$15.00 per hour
Required Documents to Attach
- Resume Cover Letter
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of the maintenance and operation of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
- Knowledge of science laboratory safety procedures
- Knowledge of departmental purchasing policies
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
- Skill in oral and written communication
About Us Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.
Contact Information For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].