Assistant - WIOA Career Program
This position assists in the coordination of Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act programming for the college.This is a 25 hour partially benefited position.
- Assists in recruiting participants and providing program information; assists in processing applications; generates and tracks files for all program participants.
- Drafts memoranda, email, proposals, letters and other documents
- Assists in the development and implementation of program policies
- Provides program information to faculty, staff, students and our community
- Provides WIOA Program reports and analysis to client group leadership
- Attends WIOA Program meetings, job fairs and community outreach events
- Answers telephone and records accurate and complete messages
- Performs related duties
• Associates Degree in a course of study related to the field and 2 -4 years of related expereince.
• An equivalent combination of experience and/or education is acceptable.
Required Documents to Attach
• Cover Letter
• Unofficial transcripts
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of modern office principles and practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its five locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor’s degree options both in the classroom and online.
We are a growing and progressive institution with opportunities for great employees to grow in a fast-paced and challenging work environment that encourages employee wellness and overall success. Our combined efforts at GHC have led to numerous awards, honors, and countless stories of success for students and employees.
Contact Information For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please contact the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].