Director of Facilities
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-064
Posting Start Date: 7/1/2019
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Director of FacilitiesDescription/Job Summary The Director of Facilities Management and Planning is responsible for ensuring College facilities support operational, administrative, and instructional requirements of the College effectively and efficiently. The Director of Facilities Management and Planning provides recommendations for strategic planning, general management, and professional direction for facilities-related functions for all campus locations, including operations and maintenance, capital planning, design, and construction, as well as for future sites and satellite locations. The Director of Facilities Management and Planning is charged with articulating a vision for facilities management, developing a plan for that vision (while ensuring that vision aligns with the College’s Strategic Plan), and implementing the plan. The Director provides leadership, knowledge, and expertise to sustain and support the building environment and to deliver student-focused services and solutions. Responsibilities/Duties
Duties of the Director of Facilities Management and Planning include:
- Managing all matters related to the College's physical plant and off-campus buildings such as facility assessments, planning, capital project development, and execution;
- Actively participating in the strategic and tactical planning processes to allocate the resources necessary to meet the College's current and future facilities plans;
- Providing management direction for physical plant and housekeeping on matters pertaining to facility planning, energy management, safety requirements, space utilization, equipment, and facilities;
- Managing grounds maintenance, parking lots and walkway maintenance, and campus beautification;
- Monitoring the work of the unit to ensure appropriate direction and outcomes.
- Developing strategies and recommendations to fund operations, preventive maintenance, deferred maintenance, renewals, and deficiencies;
- Working with various outside stakeholders, such as the Maryland Department of General Services (DGS) to implement state guidelines and develop solutions for large-scale facilities challenges;
- Serving as Project Director for various facilities-related projects, assuring compliance and timely completion of tasks, and overseeing all aspects of contractor performance including schedule and budget adherence;
- Collecting, analyzing, and providing budgetary data and budgetary requests for various projects, including renovations, grounds, remodeling, or construction projects;
- Archiving documentation of work performed so that campus drawings and facilities blueprints are current; and
- Establishing guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, evaluating employee performance, and administering discipline when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Facility Management, Architecture, Building Construction, Construction Management, Engineering, Engineering Technology), and Certification as a Facilities Manager (CFM).
- Ten years of progressively responsible, supervisory experience in the management of staff, capital projects, and contract administration.
- Possession of a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and evidence of strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Master's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Facilities Management, or related field.
- Professional Engineers' License.
- Project Management (PMP) Certification.
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) Certification.
- Experience in facilities operations and maintenance at a public college, institution or multi-campus site.
- Experience managing capital projects under the oversight of the Maryland Department of General Services (DGS).
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail