Adjunct- Developmental Mathematics
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College’s campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves nearly 14,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that nearly 90** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2018.
**Based on fall 2018 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2019-060
Posting Start Date: 6/25/2019
Minimum Education: Bachelors
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $41.55/ hour
Adjunct- Developmental MathematicsDescription/Job Summary
- Must possess a broad understanding of developmental education, student success and learning strategies
- Experience facilitating instruction with technology (Canvas and other tools);
- Patience and excellent communication skills
- Teaching subject matter to first time in college students
- Deliver master curriculum (basic syllabus will be provided) and guide instruction in an engaging and intentional manner
- Assess student engagement/understanding during each class session
- Collect and grade assignments; provide timely, thoughtful and constructive feedback to students
- Work closely with Mayor's Scholars Program staff to identify potential academic and non-academic barriers to learning
- A Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or a related area
- Three (3) years of teaching experience, One (1) of which should be in Developmental Mathematics
- A Master's degree in Mathematics or a related field of study
- Facilitating instruction in an urban setting
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.
Email this job to a friend ×Subject:Your email address:Recipient's email address:Personal message:I came across this job and thought you may be interested.Human Verification:Send E-mail