Counseling & Testing - 160730
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
Counseling & Testing Services consists of two inter-related parts: The Counseling Center and Testing Services. We exist to serve the students and community of UNT in support of the mission of the University. Through our Counseling Center cervices, we strive to support the academic success and general well-being of UNT students through professional counseling, career counseling, consultation, mental-health screenings, educational programs and self-help resources as well as referral services. We offer to consult with Students, Parents, Faculty and Staff who may be concerned about a UNT student (while still respecting the confidentiality of our clients). With client permission, we often work closely with Physicians and psychiatrists, the Career Center, Office of Disability Accommodations, and many other helpful resources in order to provide the best overall care. Our Testing Services provides a wide range of services including traditional admissions testing, computer-based testing, career testing, and many other tests.
The Counseling & Testing Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Psychologist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Providing short term individual, couples and group counseling to university students.
* Providing initial assessments and short term counseling services to students regarding problems relating to stress, developmental issues, interpersonal concerns, and other mental health issues.
* Conducting and evaluating psycho educational workshop programs and outreach.
* Participating in professional development and continuing education activities and consults with university personnel.
* Rotating crisis hours as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
PhD in Psychology, Counseling, Clinical or Educational Psychology or "All but Dissertation" (ABD). The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Considerable knowledge of professional mental health practices, policies, and procedures. Strong oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Required: Licensure or eligibility for licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Texas.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Short term treatment orientation.
* Experience working in a College Counseling Setting.
* Experience providing Outreach and/or group therapy programs.
* Experience providing short-term individual therapy to individuals with disordered eating and body image, substance use or other specific population.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting