Certified Public Accountant CPE, Part-Time (non-credit)
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position TitleCertified Public Accountant CPE, Part-Time (non-credit)Requisition NumberFAC00300General Description
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate’s degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
The Corporate Solutions Program at the Community College of Philadelphia is seeking Certified Public Accounting Instructors for the 2019-2020 academic year.Specific Responsibilities
• Develop and facilitate continuing education workshops for the CPA CPE program.
• Complete class attendance reporting and distribution of post workshop evaluations.
• Demonstrate a sense of connection and responsibility for helping the College to achieve success through a commitment to its mission, vision, and values.
• Demonstrate appropriate use of existing technology to further learning for students. Incorporate instructional technology to support the learning process.
• Communicate effectively, share vision, focus on people, initiate positive change, value differences and foster collaboration. Work with and inspire others to achieve college, department, and individual success. Proactively identify/address problems.
• Establish an inclusive environment in the classroom. Demonstrate an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of the College’s faculty, staff and students.
• Manage the learning environment with a student-centered focus. Implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students.
• Strive for excellence in teaching, applying best practices in field of discipline, and modeling behaviors that encourage student success and retention. Recognize the unique needs, culture, and context of students and advocates for their learning and well-being.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Must be a Certified Public Accountant.
• Experience teaching adult learners, facilitating training or continuing professional education classes for Certified Public Accountants required.
• Expertise in one or more of the following content areas – Accounting, Auditing, Attest Services, Fraud & Forensics, Taxation, Ethics, Financial Planning, or Non-Profit/Government required.Preferred Qualifications
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Certified Financial Analyst preferred.
• Certified Internal Auditor preferred.
• Certified Fraud Examiner preferred.Work LocationMain CampusBenefitsSpecial Instructions to Applicants
• Interested persons should complete an online application.
• Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
• Names and contact information of 2 professional training or consulting references REQUIRED.
• Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
• Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
• Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of background checks in accordance with the Pennsylvania Child Protective Services Law.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action, equal opportunity and equal access employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally under-represented groups. AA/EOE.Salary Grade or RankAdjunct FacultySalary RangeJob Posting Open DateJob Posting Close DatePosition TypeFacultyJob CategoryEmployment Status Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree, and are you a Certified Public Accountant?
- * Do you have experience teaching adult learners, facilitating training or continuing professional education classes for Certified Public Accountants?
- * Do you have expertise in one or more of the following content areas - Accounting, Auditing, Attest Services, Fraud & Forensics, Taxation, Ethics, Financial Planning, or Non-Profit/Government?
- * Do you have a Master’s degree?
- * Are you a Certified Financial Analyst, Certified Internal Auditor, or a Certified Fraud Examiner?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- The Chronicle
- Job Fair
- HERC - Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- CCP - Faculty Recruiting Event
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Teaching Philosophy
- Writing Sample
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Letters of Recommendation
- Other Document ( See Special Instructions to Applicant)