The Department of Psychological Science of the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship position in Multicultural Clinical Neuropsychology from applicants who are primarily interested in serving the Spanish/English bilingual community.
This is a two year fellowship appointment that commences on September, 2018 and will be run through the UTRGV doctoral training clinic in conjunction with the Neuroscience Institute of Doctors Hospital at Renaissance.
Performs teaching and/or research work as required within the classroom and/or project assigned.
This position is for a graduate from an APA accredited program in Clinical Psychology:
The four major components of the postdoctoral program include:
1. Clinical training: Fellows receive advanced training and supervised experience in all aspects of the neuropsychological evaluation. Fellows are expected to conduct neuropsychological evaluations in English and Spanish.
2. Supervision/Evaluation: Regular ongoing individual supervision.
3. Educational/didactical activities: The fellow will take a neuroscience course in the medical school.
4. Research: Opportunity to collaborate with core faculty and participate in ongoing research projects.
Fellows will complete two primary rotations at the University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Psychology Clinic and in the Department of Neuropsychology at the Neuroscience Institute at Renaissance throughout their two-years of training.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.Supervision Given
Doctoral degree from an APA-accredited clinical or counseling psychology doctoral program with specialty training in neuropsychology (or foreign equivalent).Preferred Education
Experience completing neuropsychological evaluations in English and Spanish.Equipment
Use of personal computer and proficiency in software and research statistical applications.Working Conditions
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Standard office environment.Other
N/AEmployment CategoryFull-TimeMinimum SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosted SalaryCommensurate with ExperiencePosition Available Date03/08/2019Grant Funded PositionNoIf Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date Posting Detail Information EEO Statement
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.Additional Information
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.Quick Linkhttp://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/20621Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- * Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
- Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- * Please select your highest level of completed education.
- 6th grade education
- 10th grade education
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
- Masters Degree from an accredited university
- Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
- None of the above
- * Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
- Less than 1 year
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3 years
- 4 years
- 5 years
- 6 years
- 7 years
- 8 years
- 9 years
- 10 years
- Over 10 years
- * Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Certifications and Licenses
- Training Certificates
- Other Document
- List of 3 References
- Unofficial Transcripts 2
- Unofficial Transcripts 3
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
- Additional Document