Medical Assistant (Credentialed/Certified)
Request/Posting Number 0712199
Classification Title Medical Assistant (Credentialed/Certified)
Working Title Creating pool of applicants
Job Class # 004678
Type of Position Civil Service
Percent Appointment: 1-100 (For Student Employment and Graduate Assistant Only; state hours per week) 100
Department Health Services - 02540000
Job Category Staff
General Summary The primary purpose of the Medical Assistant is to assist the nursing staff and healthcare providers promote wellness in treating illness and promote an optimal level of function in accordance with accepted standards of nursing practice and the policies, procedures, and protocols of the Nursing Department and Student Health Service.
Required Qualifications 1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Possession of a current/valid medical assistant certification by an approved certifying board as defined by the employing institution. **accepted certifications include CMA, NCMA, CCMA, and RMA.
3. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Desired Qualifications: 1. Must have technical-manual dexterity.
2. Knowledge of aseptic technique.
3. Legible and accurate clerical skills.
4. Good judgment, knowledge, and level of maturity.
5. Good communication skills.
6. Flexibility and ability to rotate among clinics.
7. Ability to perform all aspects of the CMA role in a judicious, systematic manner to decrease any chance of error.
8. Demonstration of an aptitude to work in college health setting.
Necessary Licenses/Certifications/Degrees Licensed in the State of Illinois as a CMA.
Hiring Rate/Range $12.70-$16.52 per hour
Work Hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Proposed Starting Date: August 2019
Posting date 06-27-2019
Closing date Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants **This job posting is intended to create a pool of qualified candidates for a permanent position. Please monitor your e-mail for further information regarding your application status.
For full consideration, the application and all supplemental information must be submitted on-line. Applications, resumes, and references submitted via fax, e-mail, or mail will not be accepted.
Please fully complete the entire application including, but not limited to, the education and work experience portions. Please list all education and all jobs you have had. Do not leave gaps in employment. You must list all duties you performed in the job duties section (phrases such as "See Resume" are not acceptable). Failure to follow any of these instructions may constitute an incomplete application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The employment application (not resume) will be reviewed to determine if applicant meets minimum qualifications.
The Civil Service examination for this classification is based on your application materials. No participation other than submission of applicant materials is required from applicants that qualify to take the exam. If you meet the minimum required qualifications for this position, you will receive a score calculated based on your education and experience, and your name will be placed on the active employment register by exam score. After the application deadline, the names within the top three scores will be referred to the department for interview.
Copies of your certification must be submitted online in order to receive full consideration for this position.
Other documentation such as DD214 paperwork must be faxed, mailed, or delivered to Human Resources prior to the closing of the posting in order to receive the maximum eligible points:
Fax: 309.438.7421, Attn: Brandy O'Grady
Address: Illinois State University
Campus Box 1300
Normal, IL 61790-1300
This is a full-time position on an academic calendar. It will be subject to academic break lay-off (such as spring break, summer break).
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at 309-438-3383.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at (309) 438-8311.
Contact Information Brandy O'Grady
Departmental Homepage www.shs.ilstu.edu
Required Applicant Documents PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply For This Posting". Resume/C.V.
Optional Applicant Documents Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
Civil Service Test 4678-Medical Assistant (Credentialed/Certified)
Physical Requirements: Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to work quickly and accurately in order to maintain an organized patient flow through the office.
2. Ability to stand, walk, and/or kneel for long periods, ability to sit, hear, see, write, speak, and ability to use computers.
3. Ability to distinguish colors on a monitor.
4. Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small objects.